We are getting 3 doz a day eggs.. EGG recipes please!

I regularly give my local fire station lots of eggs. The last time I gave them some, I mentioned that I had to get home quickly to move a couple yards of compost I had delivered. That day happened to be end of shift so in a few hours I had a couple of big, burly firemen, along with wheelbarrows & shovels, moving all my compost for me! All I needed to do was stand I direct where I wanted it to go. I now have volunteers to cut grass and do whatever other heavy chores I need. Since DH been laid up with a bad knee and my old joints are starting to act up, this is a BIG help!

Ok, to pickle the eggs you have to hard boil and peel the eggs. I've never had any luck at peeling a brown fresh egg....*sigh*
I had one heck of a time before with hard boiled eggs but someone was kind on this site and gave a new way to do it. Eggs covered in cold water set your heat high and boil them with a hard fast boil for 2 minutes then take them off the heat, cover them and cool them covered for 10 minutes. Next put them in ice water for a few and peel them.

Speaking of eggs on pizzas, here is Egypt there is a local type of pizza that has eggs on top. It uses a special kind of layered dough that can't be recreated at home but you can do a reasonable replica of it using phyllo dough. You layer the phyllo dough in the pan, brushing it with butter after every layer or two, and you can stuff the center with meat, like raw bulk sausage. At this point it is a good idea to bake it just for a little while so the meat starts to cook and the top doesn't get soggy when you add the topping. While it is prebaking, take some eggs and beat them together with salt, chopped tomatoes, hot sliced green peppers, olives and stuff like parsley if you want. You pour this over the phyllo dough and sprinkle with cheese. The kind of cheese used here is similar to Parmesan but slightly less dry. You could use a mix of Parmesan and cheddar. You bake this in the oven until the eggs are set and the phyllo starts to brown and get crispy.

Last edited:
Anyone have some yummy egg reicpes? We are sick of Quiche and omolets. LOL
wink.png
Give the away to the neighbors. See if the food bank will take them.
Best,
Karen

I make huge batches of French Toast, using lots of eggs & very little milk/cream. I put the eggs in the blender to mix them up, and sometimes add some ripe bananas. The finished French Toast freezes well for later, but my boys & I usually eat it up throughout the week. It makes a good portable breakfast if you don't require it to be dripping with butter & syrup.

I also make breakfast burritos, which also freeze well and make great portable breakfasts. I'll scramble up a bunch of eggs with some peppers & a jar of salsa, then stir in grated cheese when it's done. I cook it down so it's not drippy or runny, then roll it up in whole-wheat flour tortillas.

I miss having so many eggs I don't know what to do with them. For a while I was getting 2 dozen a day, then I found a few folks willing to pay $4 a dozen, and my flock started to moult. Now they're doing good to give me 1/2 dozen a day. Old Murphy must be thrilled...

Just saw this old thread looking for ideas for a ton of extra eggs I'll have. I feel the need to point out that that Murphy guy is a jerk.

Speaking of eggs on pizzas, here is Egypt there is a local type of pizza that has eggs on top. It uses a special kind of layered dough that can't be recreated at home but you can do a reasonable replica of it using phyllo dough. You layer the phyllo dough in the pan, brushing it with butter after every layer or two, and you can stuff the center with meat, like raw bulk sausage. At this point it is a good idea to bake it just for a little while so the meat starts to cook and the top doesn't get soggy when you add the topping. While it is prebaking, take some eggs and beat them together with salt, chopped tomatoes, hot sliced green peppers, olives and stuff like parsley if you want. You pour this over the phyllo dough and sprinkle with cheese. The kind of cheese used here is similar to Parmesan but slightly less dry. You could use a mix of Parmesan and cheddar. You bake this in the oven until the eggs are set and the phyllo starts to brown and get crispy.

Going to try this dish!

Back
Top Bottom