We ARE MOVING.....ALABAMA.. UPDATE pg.14

Quote:
You have mentioned before that you work outside... am I allowed to ask what you do? I was going to ask before but I know that some folks have jobs that they can't really talk about.

I hear you on the extremes... I remember one year that the lows for the day (for about a week straight) were still in the 80's, highs above 100. With no AC, the house was uncomfortably warm. Then the winter when it was -40 (not including wind chill) and we woke up to a house that was 40 degrees inside because overnight the furnace vent froze so the heat shut off (better than it not shutting off and not waking up, huh?)

DH once told me that when we are both retired, he wants to move somewhere warmer. I told him I'll write...
lol.png

I transload crude oil on to railcars.

I am not a fan of exteme heat either! Can't we just have mild temps???
sad.png

I know.....I am being WHINY!!!
roll.png

I could tolerate Montana, and might even enjoy it, if I were an indoor person. But Im not. I have to go outside and play every single day. And winters to me are just wasted time. I figured out a long time ago, that Id much rather work outside in the heat and humidity, then go inside in the A/C, and Im perfectly happy. If I have to work outside in the cold, Im miserable, unhappy, and can barely get warm, even being in the house for hours. And having to wear so many clothes outside, and even inside. You need 2 sets of clothes in the north. Where I am, I can get by with sweats in the wintertime. And I can still go outside every single day and enjoy being outside.

Nope, Ill take the heat anyday.

Quote:
You have mentioned before that you work outside... am I allowed to ask what you do? I was going to ask before but I know that some folks have jobs that they can't really talk about.

I hear you on the extremes... I remember one year that the lows for the day (for about a week straight) were still in the 80's, highs above 100. With no AC, the house was uncomfortably warm. Then the winter when it was -40 (not including wind chill) and we woke up to a house that was 40 degrees inside because overnight the furnace vent froze so the heat shut off (better than it not shutting off and not waking up, huh?)

DH once told me that when we are both retired, he wants to move somewhere warmer. I told him I'll write...
lol.png

I transload crude oil on to railcars.

I am not a fan of exteme heat either! Can't we just have mild temps???
sad.png

I know.....I am being WHINY!!!
roll.png

I used to work outside in Alberta, but with the ability to go inside to get warmed up. Do the locals say it is an unusually tough winter? Even in Alberta I didn't experience 40 below very often. Maybe next winter will be a lot better. I'm sick of this one for sure. Next week we might get another foot of snow.

I moved to Kentucky 10 years ago from Wisconsin. I'm not going back 45 years of shoveling snow is enough. The heat took some getting used to but I like it here and don't miss the 20 below at all.

Quote:
My husband is from Mulenburg Co., I lived there for about 11 years........

Now we need new job!!!! Dh works for the railroad so that should not be to difficult for him....me I am not so sure...guess I could always drive a school bus again!

Quote:
It is the 2nd of March and our high was +5F, with the wind it was -34F......

Will winter ever end!?*

I want spring
hit.gif

I want to plant my garden, till the field, and setup my bunny grazing area
hmm.png
But theres all this white crud fozen all over
hit.gif

I want to be able to move our chickens' tractor without having to HUNT for green patches.
sad.png
And I'm ready to get some real vegetables growing in the garden, too. Also looking forward to seeing if we get any plums this year.

I. HATE. WINTER!!!

Oh, and how the HECK is -40 "not that cold?!" Cold in NC is anything below 40!
lol.png

Quote:
I want spring
hit.gif

I want to plant my garden, till the field, and setup my bunny grazing area
hmm.png
But theres all this white crud fozen all over
hit.gif

I want to be able to move our chickens' tractor without having to HUNT for green patches.
sad.png
And I'm ready to get some real vegetables growing in the garden, too. Also looking forward to seeing if we get any plums this year.

I. HATE. WINTER!!!

lol.png

It's a dry cold!

Seriously, it makes a difference. Here in Michigan, we often have "humid cold" which is bad. I can take a dry cold. We had several days of -20 here. Coldest I've ever experienced is -40 with a -50 windchill.

I live further north than Boyd does and it's not unusual for us to get snow in early May, I've even seen snow on Memorial Day weekend. I had my garden killed one year by a frost in mid-June.

Heck, we start complaining that it's too hot whenever it hits 80 degrees!

Now 45 degrees, that's "sleeping weather"

Quote:
sad.png

I. HATE. WINTER!!!

lol.png

It's a dry cold!

Seriously, it makes a difference. Here in Michigan, we often have "humid cold" which is bad. I can take a dry cold. We had several days of -20 here. Coldest I've ever experienced is -40 with a -50 windchill.

I live further north than Boyd does and it's not unusual for us to get snow in early May, I've even seen snow on Memorial Day weekend. I had my garden killed one year by a frost in mid-June.

Heck, we start complaining that it's too hot whenever it hits 80 degrees!

Now 45 degrees, that's "sleeping weather"

You are so right, dry cold is much different then humid cold....btu still -40 is dam cold!

45 degrees....maybe I should move to MI! LOL
roll.png

I miss Florida. I HATE any temperature below 50 degrees. The colder it gets, the grouchier I get.
hmm.png
I guess if you're used to winters and such, move to NC.

Back
Top Bottom