We are new owners of peacocks

KayLove80

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 24, 2013
We're not sure of the age or the sex
can anyone help us with this dilemma?

Last edited:
It seems you got 2 hens since the barring is fading out. I use medicated game bird feed for about 3-4 months but you could use Meat Bird crumbles which is 22% protein or at least that's what mine is. I used to have my adults eat laying hen crumbles 16% feed when they were with the chickens with a bit of dog food or alfalfa every now and then, but now they are on Meat Bird crumbles since they are separate.

Can you please get a bigger photo I can't really see them that well in detail. From as good as what I can see they are about 5 - 6 months old

I tried to make the original pic larger and added a new one still new at this
smile.png

Thank you. I'll try to get better pics tomorrw maybe they'll be in the mood to pose better since it's christmas lol. Merry Christmas to you and your family

Merry Christmas to you and your family. Though there are 2 things that must be in the photo to have 100%. The breast feathers up close and the wing tips. If you could stretch the wing out it would be perfect. The wing tip should do it but sometimes some feathers are a little misreading and then you need a back up plan and that would be the breast feathers. Get a bit of the neck with the breast feathers for the best result.

Back
Top Bottom