We are new owners of peacocks

Well it's good to know what the food contains and what it protects. I have a book that gives a list of diseases along with how to treat it if treatable, what types of poultry the disease effects, symptoms and how to prevent it. I just read the book if I realize one of my birds is sick.

Well it's good to know what the food contains and what it protects. I have a book that gives a list of diseases along with how to treat it if treatable, what types of poultry the disease effects, symptoms and how to prevent it. I just read the book if I realize one of my birds is sick.
One of your peacocks are sick?

-Kathy

Sorry, I mis-read your post, my bad!
hide.gif

-Kathy

It goes over chickens, ducks, geese, guinea fowl, swans, peafowl, pheasants, turkeys, emus, ostriches, pigeons, quail, chukar partridge, rheas, predators of poultry, diseases, and what certain birds are used for and some history and interesting facts here and there. I looked at my game bird feed and it actually prevents respiratory diseases as well. The tag on it is kind of torn up so it's a little hard to see other stuff on it.

Another good book to have is The AAAP Avian Disease Manual. It's sort of technical, but it does have things that are very helpful, like the amount of metronidazole needed to treat blackhead (histomoniasis) and canker.

-Kathy

It goes over chickens, ducks, geese, guinea fowl, swans, peafowl, pheasants, turkeys, emus, ostriches, pigeons, quail, chukar partridge, rheas, predators of poultry, diseases, and what certain birds are used for and some history and interesting facts here and there. I looked at my game bird feed and it actually prevents respiratory diseases as well. The tag on it is kind of torn up so it's a little hard to see other stuff on it.
Who makes it?

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom