We did a thing! 😍

I thought people were being excessive about the poop. Holy poop soup! 😂 So much poop!

They had their first swim today and it was pretty stinkin' adorable.

They definitely grow fast, I can already tell a difference since Monday.

They are still pretty skittish, but getting less squirmy about being picked up.

This is a fun new adventure. :love

I thought people were being excessive about the poop. Holy poop soup! 😂 So much poop!

They had their first swim today and it was pretty stinkin' adorable.

They definitely grow fast, I can already tell a difference since Monday.

They are still pretty skittish, but getting less squirmy about being picked up.

This is a fun new adventure. :love
They do poop a lot. One of my tiniest ducks could turn a tub full of water dark in one poop. She was broody then, but it was astounding!

Also if you want to have a better idea on the breed, look at their eyes. Pekins have blue eyes while buffs will have brown eyes.

Pekins can also grow noticably overnight. I would go to bed and wake up, and they be bigger than the night before. It is crazy how much those little ones grow in such a short time! I really wish they would stay smaller just a couple more weeks, because it was too short.

They do poop a lot. One of my tiniest ducks could turn a tub full of water dark in one poop. She was broody then, but it was astounding!

Also if you want to have a better idea on the breed, look at their eyes. Pekins have blue eyes while buffs will have brown eyes.

Pekins can also grow noticably overnight. I would go to bed and wake up, and they be bigger than the night before. It is crazy how much those little ones grow in such a short time! I really wish they would stay smaller just a couple more weeks, because it was too short.

It's definitely amazing how fast they are growing. I wish they'd stay this small and fluffy forever. They're so soft. 😂

I believe they all have the blue eyes. When looking at photos for Hoovers on TSC website, I was torn between the Pekin and the white layer.

I sent my bf (who lives in NYC) pics of my new ducklings, and he commented how much he loved the colours. Then I broke his heart saying they won't stay that way, lol!
That's how it was with my 7 year old with our first chicken hatch. He wanted the all yellow because it matched his toy, completely forgot which was his when they feathered out. 😂

Everybody is growing super fast! They are starting to get little white fluffy patches. 1 seems a little older than the other 3, definitely bigger and more color change than the others.

Apparently the quickest way to a ducklings heart is food 😂 After a week of them running and screaming bloody murder anytime I'd have to handle them, I gave in and they all got 2 BSFL each.

Oh wow, let's just say it was such a dramatic change immediately. I didn't really want to give them anything extra yet, but they are so squirmy when I would pick them up I was so fearful someone would fall.

Needless to say they are my best little buddies now and will come when I call and pat the floor. I adore the sound of their little feet slapping against the floor. 🥰

I'm still so amazed at how fast these guys grow! They are so sweet and silly.

2 have a lilac/lavender colored bills while the other 2 are turning a yellow/orange. Does that mean there's a possibility of 2 breeds?

A couple newer photos, they don't sit still so they aren't great, they were waiting on tub time. Lol.

IMG_20220823_203512.jpg
IMG_20220823_203630.jpg
IMG_20220823_203550.jpg

I'm still so amazed at how fast these guys grow! They are so sweet and silly.

2 have a lilac/lavender colored bills while the other 2 are turning a yellow/orange. Does that mean there's a possibility of 2 breeds?

A couple newer photos, they don't sit still so they aren't great, they were waiting on tub time. Lol.

View attachment 3234103View attachment 3234104View attachment 3234105
So adorable!!! That last picture, the one on the bottom looks like he's laughing!

Back
Top Bottom