We did a thing! 😍

Jaime918

Songster
Nov 27, 2021
Pahrump, Nevada
So went to tractor supply for feed and buckets and came out with 4 of these little guys. They came from the assorted duck bin. Hubby caved and bought from a bin before I did. 😂

They are stinkin' adorable! No idea what they are, 2 have slightly lighter coloring and bills.

So all my duck people, what do I need to do differently than chickens, other than the difference of feed?

IMG_20220808_135544.jpg
IMG_20220808_135537.jpg

I thought people were being excessive about the poop. Holy poop soup! 😂 So much poop!

They had their first swim today and it was pretty stinkin' adorable.

They definitely grow fast, I can already tell a difference since Monday.

They are still pretty skittish, but getting less squirmy about being picked up.

This is a fun new adventure. :love
They do poop a lot. One of my tiniest ducks could turn a tub full of water dark in one poop. She was broody then, but it was astounding!

Also if you want to have a better idea on the breed, look at their eyes. Pekins have blue eyes while buffs will have brown eyes.

Pekins can also grow noticably overnight. I would go to bed and wake up, and they be bigger than the night before. It is crazy how much those little ones grow in such a short time! I really wish they would stay smaller just a couple more weeks, because it was too short.

I thought people were being excessive about the poop. Holy poop soup! 😂 So much poop!

They had their first swim today and it was pretty stinkin' adorable.

They definitely grow fast, I can already tell a difference since Monday.

They are still pretty skittish, but getting less squirmy about being picked up.

This is a fun new adventure. :love

I had no idea pekins had blue eyes and buffs had brown 😮
Yeah. It is not something most people think about.

If you want to hear about my experience with breeds, I have had Pekin, Saxony, khaki Campbell, swedish, Welsh harlequin, Cayuga, runners, Muscovy and now call ducks. I really want to add silver appleyard eventually. They are the last on my want list.

Here are some updated photos. While unfortunately waiting on some backordered pieces to arrive to finish and secure their area, they currently have full run of our 40x8 deck during the day.

These 3 are all relatively close to the same weight, she (left bird) is a little smaller
IMG_20220919_100532.jpg

He (right bird) feels like I'm picking up a 15 lb turkey 😂

IMG_20220919_100640.jpg

IMG_20220919_100551.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220917_115718.jpg
    IMG_20220917_115718.jpg
    470.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20220917_115725.jpg
    IMG_20220917_115725.jpg
    486.5 KB · Views: 1

Back