We did a thing! 😍

Jaime918

Songster
Nov 27, 2021
Pahrump, Nevada
So went to tractor supply for feed and buckets and came out with 4 of these little guys. They came from the assorted duck bin. Hubby caved and bought from a bin before I did. 😂

They are stinkin' adorable! No idea what they are, 2 have slightly lighter coloring and bills.

So all my duck people, what do I need to do differently than chickens, other than the difference of feed?

IMG_20220808_135544.jpg
IMG_20220808_135537.jpg

Grats on the new additions, they are adorable!

You should change out the waterer for something deeper. They will need to be able to plop their heads in so as to clear our their nares.

Look like little Pekins. Sometimes Perkins need extra niacin. So some nutritional yeast on their duck starter will help. 1 Tlbs per cup of duck starter.
Great! Thank you. I tried to guess them off TSC website, I narrowed it to 2 or 3 varieties and Pekin was one.
I will look now to see who has it in stock to pickup today. Is this something I would find in our food stores or at a feed store?

You want nutritional yeast not brewers. If you have a GNC or something like it. I get mine at Trader Joes. Also you can order off Amazon.
Okay, our GNC recently shut down and our town is to small for a Trader Joes unfortunately so I'll search Amazon as our grocery stores are showing out of stock. Thank you, I appreciate the help!

Back
Top Bottom