"We don't do that here.." .. OH YES THEY DID! Post # 33

Quote:
That's not so. When I was selling "romance" products, my UPS guy would call me to make sure I was home for pick up. He was super nice and so were all the folks at the Statesville, NC UPS DC. I actually had his cell programmed in my cell so I'd know when "UPS GUY" called.

scbatz, you live in Statesville, NC?

We lived in Catawba. We moved out of state last year.

Quote:
Yup the fastest phone call I ever got from the PO was when I got delivery of two hives of bees--especially since a few had escaped and were crawling around on the outside of the package/cage.

Quote:
Actually the bees are so intent on being near the queen--who is encased in a separate enclosure deep inside the box--that they aren't interested in stinging anyone. As long as someone didn't grab on the bees themselves and squeeze them they'd have little to worry about. I assume this kind of shipping is still done--mine was back in the 1980's. Had several shipments done over a period of 3 years until I built up the number of hives to the number I wanted.

Quote:
It sure is.
smile.png

I live pretty much downtown chicago and was really nervous to ship new chicks in. Urban post offices usually don't get chicks but the other day I was in there to buy stamps and could hear a box of peepers back there and asked if that happens a lot. Apparently they get live animals shipped a lot, like cage birds, puppies, reptiles and the like, so a box of chicks was not a problem!
smile.png
Go figure, I was all worried for nothing!
hmm.png

Wow.We ordered several order's from Mc Murray over the year's and our PO OR PO's were alway's Manic about trying to get the chick's and duckling's to US.We had 2 mis routed shipment's once between 3 PO's but they did call and We got the bird's later that day but had to drive to 2 other PO's twice but the last one's We got we picked up local at 5 :30 am at PO.WE did lose a shipment of duck's once minus i think 5 r 6 out of 30
hit.gif
.Was heart wrenching and PO lady was so upset.But they got mis-routed before they even got here so wasn't their fault here but Mc.Murray refund and we did order later with all safe arrival.

My last order was of guineas and the post office called me at 5AM to get them out of there!! LOL. 15 guineas can make a LOT of noise and I don't see any PO running well with that racket. I had to go to the back shipping dock and I could hear them through two layers of doors.

Quote:
Our Post Office or UPS don't knock either even with 2 cars in the drive and I talk to them all the time so they know I am a stay at home dad. My wife and I used to both work nights so there were always cars in the drive. I always say the best way to go Christmas shopping cheap is to follow the UPS guy around and pick up what he leaves unsecured.

With Fedex (and I think UPS) the SENDER specifies whether or not the recipient has to sign for a package or if it just gets left on the porch. It is EXTRA ($2-$3) for that signature and usually people are too cheap to pay.

It is hilarious when they call me saying "The driver left my $700 Whatsit on the porch and now it's missing!"
Then I look up the order. "You mean that package you claimed was $100 so you wouldn't have to pay for the extra insurance? The same one you didn't purchase the delivery signature option for?"

gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom