we don't need no stinkin' coop!

miss_jayne

Lady_Jayne
11 Years
Jun 26, 2008
Columbiaville, MI
rebel turkeys....every night the same story...we don't wanna go in!

12425_hpim0586.jpg

They look like juvies! Maybe you should put your foot down and show them who's boss!!

But seriously, a friend of mine free ranges all her birds during the day, and locks them in pens or tractors at night. She just waits till bedtime to feed them, then they are ready and willing to go in for the night!

Looks like my chickens every night. Some of them just refuse to go inside. Even the Silkies. They sleep on the concrete walk right up against the gate. I figure they can go in if they want to, the door's always open. Whatever...........

Paula

they used to go in every night, now they are trying to push the limits, teenagers!

we just pick them up and put them on the ground and have them walk into the coop.

these guys are a riot. there are three more who are younger and haven't pushed the buttons...yet!
barnie.gif

Oh, they're beauties! Thanks for the picture. I have one hen turkey and a gaggle of geese tonight that are having a night on the town refusing to go inside. Usually, they do, but seems to really mess things up not getting home from work until after dark - and I rousted them from their home just going there with the flashlight to lock everyone up, so they started playing all over with the baby pools, etc. Note to self: do not refill baby pools at bedtime anymore.

Last edited:
Yes, I wholeheartedly agree that's best. I had to hand-carry most everybody in tonight because the darn door slammed shut before I got home, which was after dark, even though I'd tied it open. Still have the geese out because I didn't fight valiantly enough to get them in.

they all tried to pull fast ones on me tonight...at dusk they were all calling to one another and checking out the roof.

who won?
turkeys: zero
miss_jayne: eight

oh yeahhhhh

Back
Top Bottom