We got guinea'd

columbiacritter

Songster
11 Years
Jun 7, 2008
Scappoose Oregon
My husband bought 3 chicks from a bantam bin at a feedstore to keep a lone chick he had company. I pretty much ignored them since I was NOT happy with the amount of hatches he'd done let alone buying more! The other day I heard weird sounds so I looked in the brooder to see if anything was wrong and saw, not chickens, well one chicken and three not chickens. At first I thought, pheasants? then I looked again and started to laugh. Guineas! my husband was less than happy. I won't keep them past butchering size since I like my neighbors.

Now I wonder how many people bought bantam chicken chicks from that store and ended up with guineas?

Whoops! That's troublesome. But ya oughta keep em if your yur neighbors don't mind, since guineas eat ticks, mosquito larvae, bugs, and don't have to eat layer ration and scratch like chickens do, and yet still lay nutritious eggs... so, if your neighbors don't mind, ya really oughta keep em.
wink.png

I never liked them till I got them.....now no ticks, they alert.me to any one near the fence or strange things near the yard... Once adults they find most of their own food and they are just comical as heck. They also quite down once they get.older...

Back
Top Bottom