We got new additions!

A4ECB750-73F8-40F7-8245-51446C228287.jpeg

Exactly my miniature pig is pretty small in comparison to the two moms. I guess compared to huge meat hogs they are miniature.
My gosh they are too cute. Well they are now. Mine was 6 pounds of cute now it’s 250 pounds of cute. Potbelly what?!
ac

They are doing good warming up to people but I had to move them outside because the bigger they get the bigger they poop! I think the Male and the two females that were left behind will be going to a rescue on Tuesday. Breaks my heart because I’ve known them for so long but I just can’t see trying to manage them all. I have so much work to do on the house and the barn and I need to relocate my chicken coops all this on top of my four kids and my husband being over the road a majority of the time everything seems impossible right now so it will be bittersweet when they go I guess.

That was almost 3 months ago of "cute"! How did it go when the mature pigs left? How did moving your coops go? Did all the little "pig-puppies" find new homes? If you did a re-homing or sale fee, what did you charge?

The only potbelly pigs I've come into contact with have been some of the ugliest in the pig world in my opinion. Nastiest dispositions, too. Probably because almost all that I've come into contact with have been the "rejects" left behind by folks that bought them to be house pets and then turned them out w/o handling or even basic care (in some instances) when they found out they weren't really meant to be house pets...

We eventually want pigs - would love miniature ones - but the research I've done has shown that that isn't really feasible, LOL. And ours will not be in the house. Nope, what I want eventually is a pig able to forage off the land and have good feed/weight conversion for becoming our lard, bacon & pork ribs selections. Friendly and used to people, yes. A pet, no....

Those were cute, though!!

They are only a little over a month old. They are doing great. It’s nearly time to rehome them. Mostly they just sleep in piles around my house or in my lap. If they aren’t taken and raised with humans as piglets they will never be house pets. My sister has successfully house broken hers. I don’t want any of mine to be rejects it’s worth it to me to clean up after them and feed them like newborn babies every couple hours. The adult male pig is at an animal sanctuary I never moved my chicken coops but I did halfway put up my pool.

I just let them outside with my dogs and they are running up and down the length of the back deck. It’s so funny.

Back
Top Bottom