We got our approval letter today!!

KatherineNaomi

Chirping
8 Years
May 1, 2014
Barneveld, NY
Our small village is not zoned for chickens so we applied for a zone variance, argued our case and just received our approval letter today!! Thank you so much to all of you for the wonderful information on this site. I was able to submit paperwork citing the pros of chicken ownership and how we would alleviate potential concerns. When I went for the public hearing everything they were concerned about had already been addressed on my sheet! We'll start building our coop this fall and get our chicks in the spring. Can't wait!! :)

OH Congratulations! Would it be possible for me to get a copy of the letter you submitted since it was successful. I am fighting my own battle with my city and I would like to use it as a model for the letter I am writing, particularly to address the objections they have. How could I get a copy?
Thanks so much, Chicki55

Here are screenshots of the PDF file. I pretty much copied and pasted info from links I found here. I tried to keep it short so they'd read it all. Hope this helps. Good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom