we got our first set of chickens today, well youngin's........

super excited , I finally found some Australorp pullets. Getting a heck of a good deal, three for 36.00, cheapest ones i've found, the last ones I had found were over 20.00 a head.
They are from a very handsome roo, and their grandpa is a show star. So, I'm thrilled, hopefully getting them this week. yay.
My friend thinks I have a problem, I told her I did too, as I just can't stop. But I know I need too, my coop isn't big enough for a whole bunch. I think I am maxed out now once I get these three and the five brown sex links. Then I'm done, that's it, no more chickens.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for now.

LOL!!!
I said that too....
Aussies are great, congrats! they were my first flock and the reason I opted for more...
trying to find some EE birds too.
Have fun, and give your friend some chicks...maybe that will help her 'understand'?

They are soooo cute!! I know the excitment I just got my 4 RRI hens last week and I'm hooked again. Congrats on your new additions.

haha. yes, I should give her some birds, chickens are an addiction I think everyone should be hooked on
lol.png

I am already contemplating the next coop, but, has to be much much less money then the last one.

updated pic of Cochin Bantams as of yesterday. I love Mya's fluffy butt.

october09380.jpg

all my EE's etc at Attention

october09299.jpg

two of my three Australorps

october09349.jpg

updated pic of EE roo??? darn it, if his temperment stays like it is now, he'll stay.

october09347.jpg

pic of Queenie, her majesty. Ruler of the Roost, my SLW

october09387.jpg

the oldest of the three Australorps

october09393.jpg

Back
Top Bottom