We have a serial killer and not enough cops to find him....

Quote:
I think it was close to 100 prostitutes killed by Washington's Green River Killer.

The Prostitutes in Vancouver knew who was killing them off, but the Cops wouldn't listen. He was rendering them down in his pig processing plant. There was some talk was he was cutting them up and feeding them to his pigs, teeth don't digest. They dug on his farm for a year looking for bones etc..
They had arrested him prior for a severe knife stabbing but let him go. At that point he had killed approx 25. He wanted to kill fifty, he admitted to 49.

They should put up a mandatory curfew and use bait.
Somebody knows who is doing it.

If you are driving through Flint, especially during the day, you shouldn't have any real issues.
There are a few areas where BF will tell me to lock the door or roll up the window, but for the most part as long as you are moving with traffic there won't be any problems. If you have to walk around Flint, stay around the UofM campus, in downtown and other business areas. If you're female don't walk along Dort highway, unless you want to be asked for 'favors'. Unless you have to be there, stay off the East side.

Flint is a falling city. It once was a great place to have a family and was a great place to visit. Now, much like Detroit, the slow disappearance of the automotive industry as well as Michigan's economy tanking has taken it's toll. Unlike Detroit, a lot of people would rather not live, work or visit Flint unless they have to. Some of the older homes and buildings in the nicer neighborhoods are a small reminder of the way Flint used to be. There is a school for the deaf that, if I have my information right, is still one of the best schools for the deaf in the country, and it is well inside Flint's city limits.

As for the people out walking the streets at night, even after hearing about a killer that has yet to be caught, I'm just going to reiterate what Boyd said. This is the city they grew up in, or at least have lived in long enough that they don't care. Many people in Flint hear gunfire at night, have patched bullet holes in their homes, know the names of the hookers on the street corners, and have been in one or more dangerous situations. A lot of people that live and work in Flint know the city well enough they know how to avoid the bad situations.

twentynine, with a serial killer it's hard to catch them because the tend to be smart enough to stay hidden. Ted Bundy even helped the police try to find him, carrying around artist sketches of himself. As for having a hotline for tips based on a basic description, it helps a small amount to make people wary but overall it can end in a bunch of scorned people looking to get back at someone, as you pointed out. For a situation like that the police should not be sued for doing their job but rather the person calling in a false report should be punished. The police can only do so much with so little evidence and if you are calling them up saying you have a lead, then you can't blame them for taking you seriously.
Don't cry wolf, unless you're sure it's a wolf and not your neighbor's beagle.

Quote:
oh I avoid those areas of flint whenever possible
smile.png
My grandparents and aunt live in Flint Township but it's actually Grand Blanc Schools... I blame that on Sprawl, there's really a a pocket or corridor that you should stay out of.

Heard yesterday that those 2 escaped killers from Arizonia might be in Yellowstone park.
With our open roads and such it would be pretty hard to catch them unless someone is alert.

Quote:
And all these years I thought it was Santa Carla...

*waits to see if anyone recognizes the reference, but doesn't hold breath*

I don't get it, WHY in the world do people live there? Stay there? Or worse, MOVE there? Especially those who claim their SO is actually significant... why risk them. Outta call the white coat guys on the ones who take kids there.

The Some Day (as in when DH finishes his degree/looks for work based on it) is still at least three years off and I'm already researching all the cities and towns around prospective employers (Univ/Colleges)... everything from crime rates to tornado counts. How could that many move there without knowing, and if they do know then why in the nine hells would they. It truly just boggles my mind.

Am I the only one or does anyone else think those people are nuts?

Quote:
And all these years I thought it was Santa Carla...

*waits to see if anyone recognizes the reference, but doesn't hold breath*

I don't get it, WHY in the world do people live there? Stay there? Or worse, MOVE there? Especially those who claim their SO is actually significant... why risk them. Outta call the white coat guys on the ones who take kids there.

The Some Day (as in when DH finishes his degree/looks for work based on it) is still at least three years off and I'm already researching all the cities and towns around prospective employers (Univ/Colleges)... everything from crime rates to tornado counts. How could that many move there without knowing, and if they do know then why in the nine hells would they. It truly just boggles my mind.

Am I the only one or does anyone else think those people are nuts?

it's not so many that want to move there, but are born there, stuck there and can't escape there. That's why I've always loved eastern Texas where my family is. But alas, I only visit once or twice a year if I am lucky.

I am another of those folks stuck. Not in flint per se, but in a close enough. I have joint custody of my son Kev. Not allowed to move farther than 100 miles away from his mother without giving up my rights as his father. Otherwise..

Back
Top Bottom