We have given up expecting them to lay any eggs - UPDATE!!

nuchickontheblock

Songster
9 Years
May 16, 2010
south portland, maine
What an exciting morning I had. I went early to let the girls out of the coop and was thrilled and actually jumping up and down and squealing with delight to see two eggs in the nest box. I quickly ran into the house to get my smart, pretty chickens some extra treats. My husband was still sleeping, and I had to go out, so I left the 2 eggs in a container with a sign for him that said "SURPRISE!"

Actually, I was the surprised one when I got back home and he told me he had put a couple of eggs from the refrigerator into the nest box last night to give them the idea of what to do!
hmm.png

Congrats!!!
wee.gif
ya.gif
woot.gif
thumbsup.gif

I know the feeling! My babies are almost 8 months old. They finally started to lay. It started 2 weeks ago. First a single egg, thin soft shell busted in the coop. Then 3 days later 1 small egg in the nest box!
wee.gif
now 2 weeks later I got 5 Saturdayday and 6 yestarday! I am so Proud!!!!!!! My girls are now young lady's! LOL

God BLess!

barnie.gif
That was a mean trick! Bet you both are laughing!

The eggs will come! And then it is so much fun! Even yet, and they have been coming for a couple of years! mk

My grand daughter sings the "egg song" to our expected layers. My grandfather taught it to me, so it's at least 100 years old.

I had a little chickie who would not lay an egg,

so I poured hot water up and down her leg,

oh how that little chickie howled and that little chickie begged,

then that little chickie laid me a hard boiled egg.

It is so cute to see a little kid singing to the chickens.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom