1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

we have oranges in s. cali if ya want any!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by fallenweeble, Jan 16, 2008.

1. fallenweeble

fallenweeble Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2007
    if anyone lives close to the san fernando valley north of los angeles and would like a few bags full of oranges let me know. i've got a TON on my trees and they are falling to the ground (bonking my dogs in the head on the way down - hehehe). we are eating what we can and giving some in moderation to our birds but there's no way we can use them all. it makes me sad to see them rotting once they fall off and hit the ground. . .
    any takers?

OOOPS - i just saw that i posted this in "everything else chicken" !
    my bad.
    how do i move it to me, myfamily, my chickens? i don't want to get one of them BYC noodle whippin's! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  2. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    Oh, sooo lucky! I used to live in southern California (Needles, in the Mojave Desert) my cousins mil had an acreage with an orange, grapefruit and lemon tree. I just loved going out and picking fruit right off the tree, yum!

3. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Your just showing off its 20 degrees here in SLC UT [​IMG]

wanders away from monitor muttering "I am SOOOOOO not jealous.....I am SOOOOOO not jealous.....I am SOOOOOO not jealous.....I am SOOOOOO not jealous....."

4. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] Yeah, if anyone wants some snow I got plenty! [​IMG]

5. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    AAAAHHHHH [​IMG] Oh, that was really mean!! [​IMG] I was born and raised in Bakersfield and my dad worked for Superior Farms. There is NOTHING like a CA orange!! [​IMG]

My DH's aunt keeps sending us oranges from TX every Christmas. YUCK!! Nasty.

6. redchicken

redchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2007
    Eastern Pa
    it just started snowing here and there is 3 inches

7. jkcove08

jkcove08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    MAN, I sure wish they could be shipped!!! Wonder how many could fit in a flat rate boX????? They are so expensive here in Iowa and not that good either. Oh Well, thats what I get for living in Iowa..Jenn

8. Leslie In North Pole

Leslie In North Pole Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2007
    North Pole, AK
    I live so far from where oranges can grow, lol.

If you find you want to send some as a special treat... keep me in mind I would send you the postage...

9. hencackle

hencackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Telford, TN
    Can you ship to Tennessee? Puhleeze?

10. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

If they had a drooling smiley on here I would SO post it.........made my mouth water just the thought ! I MISS CALIF ORANGES

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by