we have oranges in s. cali if ya want any!

fallenweeble

Songster
12 Years
Dec 4, 2007
if anyone lives close to the san fernando valley north of los angeles and would like a few bags full of oranges let me know. i've got a TON on my trees and they are falling to the ground (bonking my dogs in the head on the way down - hehehe). we are eating what we can and giving some in moderation to our birds but there's no way we can use them all. it makes me sad to see them rotting once they fall off and hit the ground. . .
any takers?

OOOPS - i just saw that i posted this in "everything else chicken" !
my bad.
how do i move it to me, myfamily, my chickens? i don't want to get one of them BYC noodle whippin's!
smile.png

Last edited:
Oh, sooo lucky! I used to live in southern California (Needles, in the Mojave Desert) my cousins mil had an acreage with an orange, grapefruit and lemon tree. I just loved going out and picking fruit right off the tree, yum!

tongue.gif
Your just showing off its 20 degrees here in SLC UT
smack.gif

wanders away from monitor muttering "I am SOOOOOO not jealous.....I am SOOOOOO not jealous.....I am SOOOOOO not jealous.....I am SOOOOOO not jealous....."

AAAAHHHHH
barnie.gif
Oh, that was really mean!!
wink.png
I was born and raised in Bakersfield and my dad worked for Superior Farms. There is NOTHING like a CA orange!!
love.gif

My DH's aunt keeps sending us oranges from TX every Christmas. YUCK!! Nasty.

MAN, I sure wish they could be shipped!!! Wonder how many could fit in a flat rate boX????? They are so expensive here in Iowa and not that good either. Oh Well, thats what I get for living in Iowa..Jenn

Back
Top Bottom