We have to get rid of our chickens!

The Burg Peeps

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 9, 2011
Ontario
Our town's bylaw officer came by to issue us notice to remove our chickens. Our neighbor complained. Our three year old son is devastated, he's been crying for 30 minutes.

Is there any way backyardchickens.com can help me find which of my neighbors views my BYCPage in the last day or two? We don't want revenge, we just want to know why.

Just wondering... Why do you suspect the complaining neighbor found you on the site? I would suspect they complained because of noise or smell. If they did hunt you down on here to launch their complaint, it sounds like something out of a mystery novel!

hugs.gif

I'm sorry your son is upset. I'm not familiar with Canadian law, but is there a way to petition/ change the order/law? I just took a look at your page and love your coop and run.

Sorry for your impending loss. Always difficult to change a law you are knowingly breaking. Any chance of finding a Farmer's Market associate with room on their place to house the girls while you work with the government? Sorry for your son's pain, but you had to know this was a possibility....

I doubt that neighbor is going to come forward as you've requested. Cowards never change. Strange how of all places, they went through the effort to find you on BYC. All that energy could be done doing something, you know, useful, like volunteering at a soup kitchen.

I'd suggest becoming your own advocate. If there isn't a specific bylaw against chickens, you may be allowed to have them. Start burying yourself in legal and zoning mumbo jumbo!

Back
Top Bottom