We lost another chicken UPDATE: EVERYTHING IS BACK TO NORMAL

Quote:
I can't move them anywhere. Plus all the ones I still have are already infected. There is really nothing I can doo except get a necropsy and wait I guess.

I did my own chicken necroscopies - with the remote help of Gary Butcher from U of FL. If you can handle it, he can probably help you do it, too - you just need an extra person with a digital camera to take pics as you go. Has he given a preliminary "possible" diagnosis based on any symptoms, with anything to look for specifically in a necroscopy? He told me to look at the ceca of my birds for cecal cocci, but we also saw spots on the outside of the intestines indicating hemmorhaging.

The dept of Animal & Agriculture in Live Oak are very helpful. If you lose a chicken, bag it and put in the refrigerator. You can ship it to them in a Styrofoam cooler etc. They can tell you how, I wish I could find their number......

Hey this is tulie's hubby. If you can handle the smell, a necroscropy done at home can tell you a lot, especially with what is in the digestive tract. She could handle the smell, and neither of our county extentions did that sort of thing. Yall holler at her if you need to. We opened up the birds in our backyard to figure out what's going on and got enough info in pictures to get a course of action to deal with the remaining birds. Holler at her buddy, she's a smart lady.

Here are some pics. I am uploading the others. Here are the survivors. The rooster is from next store (he stalks our hens).
tongue.png

37500_sdc10195.jpg

37500_sdc10191.jpg

37500_sdc10185.jpg

37500_sdc10183.jpg

37500_sdc10204.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom