We lost another chicken UPDATE: EVERYTHING IS BACK TO NORMAL

Quote:
Thanks--I'll have to check it out
smile.png

The vet called us back and she said that we can get a necropsy don for $50. The bodies we have a too old to have tested so we are just waiting till another one kicks the bucket (hopefully none of them will).

UPDATE
The vet called us back and she said that we can get a necropsy don for $50. The bodies we have a too old to have tested so we are just waiting till another one kicks the bucket (hopefully none of them will). Also some of their combs are starting to get red again so that is a good sogn. But I still think they are infected.
idunno.gif

Maxx, I hate to say it, buddy, but you may want to sacrifice one for the vet to do a necropsy on, one that is still acting sick. You'd take it to the vet, who would euthanize it and do the tests. Obviously, you can wait for another one to die. If that happens, bag it in plastic and put it in the fridge, not the freezer, which would destroy tissue that the vet needs to test.

I sure hope you can figure this out, I really do. I hate that you've lost so many birds to whatever this is.

I hate to do that but if it comes to that then I will do it. What would even be a way to do that with out hurting the tissue?

Quote:
I don't think it is cocci or worms is the problem. I could be wrong. Sulmet kills more than Corid does and we already tried the Sulmet.

Sulmet didn't work for me after two treatments. Corid took care of it in one treatment. Just saying what worked for me.

You can call the State of Florida Animal Industry Division
@ 850-251-1226
leave a message for Jennifer Glover (person in charge). She will arrange for someone to come to you house, look at everything, take samples, free test for the NPIP and advise on what to do next. Testing per sample is $30.00

Back
Top Bottom