1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

We lost our dog :(

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by jarcoo0153, Nov 6, 2010.

1. jarcoo0153

jarcoo0153 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    Levelland, Texas
    We lost our dog dotty, she had to be put down, she had a rapidly growing cancer in her spleen and liver. She was fine yesterday morning, but in the evening, my sister found her laying down, she had a swollen belly. The Doctor said that there was nothing they could do. He said it probably only took a week and a half for the cancer to take over. He only gave a half of a suringe of sedative before she was gone!

2. Nava

Nava I Got The Naked Neck Blues

Aug 2, 2009
    Ocala Fl
    Quote:I know how it it to loose a pet, a very loved pet [​IMG] so sorry

3. dkvart1

dkvart1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    I'm so sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

4. pride&joy

pride&joy Chillin' With My Peeps

So sorry for your loss, sounds like you did the right thing and let her pass on. It is the last kind thing we must do for an old friend some times. Maybe some other dog will luck out and become a part of your family/pac?

5. stilldeb

stilldeb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    NW Kentucky
    So sorry for your loss. We have a 16 yr old weiner dog w/severe arthritis who is wearing incontinence diapers in the house, and I know it will not be long before we are in the same situation.

Blessings,

deb g
    KY

6. DelcoChix

DelcoChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Central Ohio
    So sorry to hear of your loss...[​IMG]

7. twister

twister Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Mississippi
    so sorry for your loss. the pain is very real and true. (just went thru it w. my 18 y.o. companion-Twister) it it still hurts to the core.

remember the wonderful times that Dottie gave you and how beautiful your life was b.c. of that special friend.

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

[​IMG] Been there a few times myself.

9. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    [​IMG]

10. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln