we ordered from ideal

Yay! Hope you get some pics of the babies! Hope all are 100% Healthy
smile.png

The minimum is $25.00 - the site makes you order $20.00 worth of poultry. I have put a request in to change it to $17.00. That way with the Boxing and Small Order Charges you will then be able to check out and meet the $25.00 minimum.

The orders are sent priority mail and generally outside of the state of Texas will take 2 days to get to you. The chicks are fine for 72 hours. If you ever do have a problem, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Thanks,

Teri
Ideal Poultry

Mine were shipped on the 13th, and arrived on the 14th, first thing in the morning. I called the P.O. at 8am and they said they were in. I went to the P.O. and the janiter went in the back and had somebody get them for me. I got;

2 Black Australop
2 Buff Orpington
2 Rhode Island Red
2 Barred Rocks
8 Roos for warmth

All arrived in excelent condition. I separated the roos, and put the pullets in a 10 gallon fish tank brooder. I dipped their beaks in water, and spread some crumbs on the floor. Everybody started pecking away instanly. The Rhode Islands seem to be the strongest, and the smartest. Followed by the Orpingtons. The Australops and the Barred Rocks are taking a little longer to catch on.

Thanks IDEAL *****

I just placed my order with Ideal today as well. Mine will be sometime in April since they are out of Barnevelders until then. All pullets.

Barnevelders-2
Australorps-2
Ameraucanas-2
Barred Hollands-2
Delawares-2
Salmon Faverolles-2

I am still thinking of adding a couple of Welsummers and or Partridge Rocks.

I figure these ought to give me a colorful basket, and plenty of eggs.

This is my first time with chickens, or any type of livestock what-so-ever. I have been waiting over 8 months and studying.

Now I just have to get the coop built. I do have a nice size brooder. I need to modify it a bit still.

Last edited:
Quote:
I've got Barnvelders (2) coming from Ideal in April as well. Also Russian Orloffs and Welsummers. I wonder if our Barnvelders will be relatives of each other!LOL

I ordered from Ideal about a month ago. Silkies, Spangled Cornish and Iowa Blues. They were suppose to ship around Feb 20. Then I got worried about the weather. As luck would have it Ideal called and ask if March was ok with me. I said great. Well, as addictive as this is - I called today and ask them if I could add to my order. Straight run, hopefully some EE's but told them I understand at this late date that might not be possible. So I have an additional 10 surprises coming with my original 30 chicks ordered. (My DH has no clue I made this call and I am not telling him)
I will say that all my contact with Ideal so far has been absolutely wonderful.
Will they call me when my order ships. This is worse than waiting on a grandchild. - I know cause I have one of those coming in April.

Back
Top Bottom