We Quit Cigarettes

Since I've been sober I've been having such awful sleep issues. I wondered if anyone experienced the same or if the onset was just coincidental. I plan to see my doctor about it soon because it has such a negative impact on my quality of life. I fall asleep at random during conversations, while performing tasks and even doing the things I enjoy. I hardly know how it feels to be awake anymore. I'm never not tired. It's a huge problem. I found myself still trying to fill out a resume while accidentally having fallen asleep... had to start that one over :rolleyes: . I can't go much longer without a job but I don't know if I'm even capable. I'm afraid to drive too. I couldn't be more frustrated with something and I wish there was an easy solution to it I could find on my own. Wish me luck on getting help with this.
This must be very hard for you. I haven’t been there. Just a hug. No advice. :hugs:hugs

Since I've been sober I've been having such awful sleep issues. I wondered if anyone experienced the same or if the onset was just coincidental. I plan to see my doctor about it soon because it has such a negative impact on my quality of life. I fall asleep at random during conversations, while performing tasks and even doing the things I enjoy. I hardly know how it feels to be awake anymore. I'm never not tired. It's a huge problem. I found myself still trying to fill out a resume while accidentally having fallen asleep... had to start that one over :rolleyes: . I can't go much longer without a job but I don't know if I'm even capable. I'm afraid to drive too. I couldn't be more frustrated with something and I wish there was an easy solution to it I could find on my own. Wish me luck on getting help with this.
:hugs This sounds awful. It sounds just like narcolepsy, I had a friend who had it. I don't know if it's related to your sobriety or not, but in any event it's definitely a medical condition. By all means see a medical professional, and best wishes to you! Keep us posted.

@Chicken definitely see a doctor, and also get your vitamin B 12 level checked. Good luck in resolving this. I did not have problems with sleeping but dealt with 'drunk' dreams for years.
Drunk dreams are the best, waking up in a panic thinking "what the hell did I do last night?", flushing all the time you have into it, then you realize, ah, just a dream. Happens with cigarettes too, as I'm about to find out again. Paying $6500 t0 $7000 a yr to kill myself doesn't make any sense. So far ten days in cold turkey and no real urges. Third go round, 1rst was 6 months, 2nd was 4 years, hopefully this time will take me to the grave. Grandkids have been all over me like a cheap suit past couple yrs.

So far ten days in cold turkey and no real urges. Third go round, 1rst was 6 months, 2nd was 4 years,
For me quitting nicotine was harder than quitting alcohol. I 'mainlined' with chewing tobacco and 'quit' more times than I can count. Even knowing the health ramifications, if it were not for a promise to the Princess ------------

:hugs This sounds awful. It sounds just like narcolepsy, I had a friend who had it. I don't know if it's related to your sobriety or not, but in any event it's definitely a medical condition. By all means see a medical professional, and best wishes to you! Keep us posted.
I just can't wait to get help with it. It's driving me crazy to feel so weak all the time.

Absolutely go to a doctor as soon as you can, and definitely do not drive yourself.
And please, tell the doctor everything you can -- what you were taking, how much, how long, and how long you've been having these sleep issues. Every bit of information you can remember will help them figure out what's wrong.
In the meantime, please make sure you're eating well, and stay safe.
Depending on what you were taking, it could be at least somewhat related. Withdrawal can take a number of different forms, and screwing up your sleep schedule and the hormones that control it could very well be a side effect.

Please hang in there, CHlCKEN. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom