We Quit Cigarettes

:frow. UPDATED... February 2024 I'm still winning.
4 years:th

Me: :barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie

I decided last month that I was going to try to do something I've never done before, quit smoking.

I knew I couldn't do it on my own so I got some medicine called Chantix. I tried Chantix about 10 years ago but I did not take it for the correct amount of time...I quit smoking but started back up after 3 months. I also do not remember it being this hard to quit back then.

I've been so worried about the side effects (I had one bad side effects last time) that I was not thinking about how hard today was going to be.

I have been on the medicine for a week with no bothersome side effects...that I was a nervous wreck about.

I have not smoked today and I really don't want to but geez I want to.:barnie:barnie:barnie
That's awesome! The only time I've been successful is when I quit cold turkey when I found out I was pregnant 19 years ago. Why I started back 4 years later I'll never know. Without that kind of motivation I have not been successful since. Does the chantix help?

I joined an online smoking thing...those nutters are strangers. I prefer BYC.

This is a ridiculous mind game...I keep telling myself I can do it. :barnie
It's a horrible habit to get into nearly all my family in Ireland smokes or vapes my grandfather recently died from lung cancer but at the end he looked like a Holocaust victim we are proud of you trying and we are all here for you try a new addiction something less deadly like call ducks or bantams or new animals

quit cold turkey 15 years ago . As mentioned keep busy . It's a slow process but you can do it . Go mow the lawn even if you did yesterday , but do something . it took me 6 months to gradually wind down .

Off topic
we're not having a problem with smoking , but we don't see anything on tv about whiskey and drugs causing child abuse .

That's awesome! The only time I've been successful is when I quit cold turkey when I found out I was pregnant 19 years ago. Why I started back 4 years later I'll never know. Without that kind of motivation I have not been successful since. Does the chantix help?
Chantix was a huge help. I don't think I could have done it without it.

Since I've been sober I've been having such awful sleep issues. I wondered if anyone experienced the same or if the onset was just coincidental. I plan to see my doctor about it soon because it has such a negative impact on my quality of life. I fall asleep at random during conversations, while performing tasks and even doing the things I enjoy. I hardly know how it feels to be awake anymore. I'm never not tired. It's a huge problem. I found myself still trying to fill out a resume while accidentally having fallen asleep... had to start that one over :rolleyes: . I can't go much longer without a job but I don't know if I'm even capable. I'm afraid to drive too. I couldn't be more frustrated with something and I wish there was an easy solution to it I could find on my own. Wish me luck on getting help with this.

Back
Top Bottom