We Quit Cigarettes

Many me finches must be taken with a meal nowadays.
Over the counter medicine called Emetrol for nausea or vomiting.. We used it with our children when they were little and we use it as adults.

As you get older, these images are taken annually. Pain depends on the operator of this machine. I've wanted to backhand a few.

I'm right in there with you....goal is to lose 25 pounds and get my A1c down below 6.5...

[

With diabetes, a lot depends on how long you were "pre-diabetic" your age and what types of insulin you are on...long acting and/or short acting. And what your eating habits are.
I was pre-diabetic from 30 to 48 when I changed doctors. He said you either are or you aren't...I was. He sent me to an endocrinologist saw me one time and turned me over to his nurse who started me on fast acting insulin. They did not hook me up with a dietician.
Cooking for a family with no diabetes symptoms for the next three years, my eating habits did not change. The nurse put me on slow acting insulin. Again no diet consultation.
I began doing my own research on diet and checked with my primary doctor who encouraged me to exercise more, eat fewer processed carbs, more veggies and fiber. We are meat eaters (cattleranch) beef, chicken, fish, pork and lamb.
Recent research I'm exploring is that the older we get as women, our estrogen levels drop, no longer stimulating the pancreas and our meat consumption can increase abdominal fat build-up. Losing that extra fat will help me reach my weight goal.
I'm a 68 year old work in progress, now on Januvia 2x daily, 50 units of Tresiba daily, and 5 to 9 units of Humalog before each meal. Non-fasting A1c has been high at 8.3 and low as 6.5. I test every morning and now before each meal. My goal is to repair my pancreas, lose fat weight and bring A1c down with fasting sugar levels below 110.

These need to be healthy carbs.

Stay the course!

You don't have to give up ice cream...just a dust the portion?

This has added sugars! Look at the calories with each 2/3 cup portion. Reduce calories to 120 by eating 1/3 cup with mixed nuts added for fiber. Or switch to a different less sugary ice cream.

You can recline without lying down...

Exactly what we told our girls...and followed thru with taking their keys away if they did not heed the warning.

The slow reduction in liquid each time is do worth it.

Orthoscopic? I had three before total knee replacement .
Are many me finches medicines?

Uh... that or laparoscopic or something? My Orthopedic will make 2 incisions, one for him to go in with a laser to remove and smooth out the tear and one for a camera so he can see. As for the bone chippage, he told me that he will drill a couple places in my knee so that it will bleed to the area in order for it to be able to stimulate/make new growth cells so it can actually heal. It's still all considered minor and outpatient surgery but it's definitely NOT going to be fun. I'll be on crutches for a few weeks to a month or so and then will slowly progress to being able to put weight on it. I am a heavy lady so I am sure that will complicate things but I am going to work very hard to heal properly (including stretches and exercises etc) because I do not want to have to go through this again. :old
Are you aware that for some people, the risks of blood clots can increase? Not trying to frighten you...just bringing this to your attention so you can be informed. My husband has had 2 pulmonary embolisms, each after arthroscopic knee surgery like yours. But he's also survived an arterial clot as well so he is more susceptible to developing clots.

https://www.stoptheclot.org/about-c...atients/patient-story-total-knee-replacement/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK107165/

https://www.merckmanuals.com/profes...l-venous-disorders/deep-venous-thrombosis-dvt

Serious as a heart attack.
I want to see how bad you are in real life. 😙

I got almost 11 hours of sleep and I'm exhausted. If I didn't have an alarm I'd sleep longer.
I'm just recently starting to accept that this is not normal.

:lau in real life I’m not bad at all cause when I’m with friends, I don’t use it or at least try really really hard not to and plus we’re usually doing stuff anyway. :D :p

It would be a warped study. If you want to get truly non warped results, you need to install a spy camera in my house. :p

And :hugs :hugs

Is this new??

I’ve been noticing/paying attention lately I usually sleep about 10 hours no matter when I go to bed :oops:

And I usually get tired if I get less than that, seem to have to get it, but then sometimes I don’t sleep at all and am way more energized than usual so :confused:

Today is one of those

Back
Top Bottom