We Quit Cigarettes

Congratulations to Every one on another day finished and smoke-free! This is a great thread.

To those who have quit, be it for an hour or for years: What differences have you noticed, as in the small things that weren't expected?

I've noticed I smell better now. Yeah, that's a little personal, but seriously, I was really grossed out by the smell of my sweat. My sweat is changing back to "normal stinky armpits" from "acrid, pungent overpowering gross stinky armpits". Interestingly, I seem to sweat less overall, as far as I can tell anyway.

You're welcome everyone. Good night.

Perspiration is one way the body eliminates toxins, so that would make sense. Are you one of the current quitters? There are so many now it's hard to keep track. :yesss:

Congrats on your life-altering decision, whether recent or long-standing. That's a bfd, and you deserve to be recognized for your courage. I'm lucky; I never started. You can now (or soon) be a guide for others making this difficult trek, and that's something to be both proud of and grateful for. :celebrate

Well, the sooner you fall asleep, the sooner it’s tomorrow!
I'm not here.

I just smoked a drag or two in the bath tub. I was trying to shove the cigarette down the drain so no one would find it but it crumbled up and there was little brown stuff floating around in my bath water. I woke up...with my shirt a little moist and my eyes too. I must have just had my first real scary dream.

:th

I'm not here.

I just smoked a drag or two in the bath tub. I was trying to shove the cigarette down the drain so no one would find it but it crumbled up and there was little brown stuff floating around in my bath water. I woke up...with my shirt a little moist and my eyes too. I must have just had my first real scary dream.

Although you have amazingly gotten through a WHOLE WEEK :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate smoke free, your mind will still try to play tricks on you. Even for me, after 22 yrs of being smoke free, I will still have the occasional dream where I light up a cigarette. Except now when I wake up, it's more with confusion as to WHY I had the dream. It's always one of the vivid and real feeling ones. Most of my dreams I usually don't remember so I always find the ones I do weird and I try to reason/figure them out. The emotions that the dream evoked are real but try to recognize and tell yourself....you are still warring with the old self that was a smoker with the new non-smoker self that you are becoming. It's a process and one you are WINNING. I'm sorry you had that scary dream. :hugs You are stronger than it and got this! :highfive:

If I tell her everything she may send me next door to the counselor person.
:rolleyes:
They will never let me leave.
Do I have to tell her I have online friends?
They might send me to the white jacket place.
Nah...tell her everything, well, maybe not about peeing in the shower....or the poles.
But the tears, yes, and how you rode the waves and overcame the obstacles with help of online support group...and the dream...Yikes!

Oh. It is 7:06 over here.
:lol:
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1582637043093.png

I'm not here.

Well you just scared the crap out of me. :rant The dreams go away, but it may take some time. I used to wake up from drunk dreams all sweaty and scared - then I'd look to the other side of the bed, and the Princess was still there so I knew it was just a dream. :hugs

Well you just scared the crap out of me. :rant The dreams go away, but it may take some time. I used to wake up from drunk dreams all sweaty and scared - then I'd look to the other side of the bed, and the Princess was still there so I knew it was just a dream. :hugs

X2! Probably should have led with it being a dream :lau

I knew @Kiki would never though but at first I was like :eek:

And :hugs :hugs to you both!!!

Man, I missed all the fun last night. :(

Sorry about your dream @Kiki! :( :hugs

But the important thing is.... it was just a DREAM and you DIDN’T actually do that!!! You are still 7 DAYS SMOKE FREE!!!! AN ENTIRE WEEK!!!!! :D:woot:celebrate:wee
Pissin & Poles

I died last night.

Back
Top Bottom