We Quit Cigarettes

WHY is it that every time I go outside I manage to step in chicken #%T that they left somewhere in the lawn and I ONLY figure this out AFTER I go inside and sit down and start smelling it coming off the bottom of my shoe šŸ˜ 

I guess Ill need to get into the habit of leaving the shoes AT the back door ...

Aaron
One must ALWAYS perform a poo scrape of the bottom of their shoes on a solid object prior to going inside.

WHY is it that every time I go outside I manage to step in chicken #%T that they left somewhere in the lawn and I ONLY figure this out AFTER I go inside and sit down and start smelling it coming off the bottom of my shoe šŸ˜ 

I guess Ill need to get into the habit of leaving the shoes AT the back door ...

Aaron
Well, ā€¦
One must ALWAYS perform a poo scrape of the bottom of their shoes on a solid object prior to going inside.
What they said & ā€¦. I have designated shoes for just the coop & run too!

Take them off after scraping them as clean as possibleā€¦

Shoes have well.. treads on them. I do the poo poo leg before coming in, with the ooky butt wiggle in the grass even ! before entering the door, but it gets stuck way deep in the treads and clings for dear life!

I think I am going to just call this older pair my backyarrd shoes, they come on and go off at the back door. I have a pair of crocks I use for that too but they don't do too well in the fall when in the process of cutting stuff down, tearing stuff up, sticks poke thru those holes and can bite ya.

Aaron

We have a frost-free spigot very close to the back door. After doing anything with the chickens, we always stop there and check shoes. If necessary, shoes get hosed off good before entering human domicile.

We have a frost-free spigot very close to the back door. After doing anything with the chickens, we always stop there and check shoes. If necessary, shoes get hosed off good before entering human domicile.
I probably need to install something like that but just hosing won't cut it when you smash it into the pattterns on the bottom of your shoes. High pressure spraying just splatters it all over YOU. In my instance, i think just having a few pair of shoes for OUTDOOR use and storage only might be the best option.

Aaron

:frow. UPDATED... July 2022 I'm still winning.

Me: :barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie

I decided last month that I was going to try to do something I've never done before, quit smoking.

I knew I couldn't do it on my own so I got some medicine called Chantix. I tried Chantix about 10 years ago but I did not take it for the correct amount of time...I quit smoking but started back up after 3 months. I also do not remember it being this hard to quit back then.

I've been so worried about the side effects (I had one bad side effects last time) that I was not thinking about how hard today was going to be.

I have been on the medicine for a week with no bothersome side effects...that I was a nervous wreck about.

I have not smoked today and I really don't want to but geez I want to.:barnie:barnie:barnie
@sourland I had another anniversary that I completely forgot about! I'm winning.

I probably need to install something like that but just hosing won't cut it when you smash it into the pattterns on the bottom of your shoes. High pressure spraying just splatters it all over YOU. In my instance, i think just having a few pair of shoes for OUTDOOR use and storage only might be the best option.

Aaron
I'm taking a page from your book, Aaron. I now have a pair of "chicken boots" on the back porch that I change into before going outside, and I change out of them as soon as I come inside after completing my chicken chores. What convinced me? Two things. Big storms that turned everything outside into a swampy, poopy mess, and buying new shoes that I did not want to ruin. You win, lol!

Back
Top Bottom