Weak baby quail

What species of chick? All baby birds are chicks. The nutrition needs of quail chicks is different than the needs of chicken chicks.

What is the protein level of the feed? Quail chicks need 28-30% protein feed. If you are feeding them chicken chick feed, they are not going to thrive and will experience problems if they don't die.

What species of chick? All baby birds are chicks. The nutrition needs of quail chicks is different than the needs of chicken chicks.

What is the protein level of the feed? Quail chicks need 28-30% protein feed. If you are feeding them chicken chick feed, they are not going to thrive and will experience problems if they don't die.
I bought it from a nearby shop, I told them it's for a baby quail... Then they the food recommended me which has around 30% protein

Oh and can I really feed them with egg yolk? I read on the internet and they say it could help a sick chick... Because now the biggest problem is he keeps on sleeping and closes his eyes.. He wouldn't eat and drink by himself too

Oh and can I really feed them with egg yolk? I read on the internet and they say it could help a sick chick... Because now the biggest problem is he keeps on sleeping and closes his eyes.. He wouldn't eat and drink by himself too
You can try to temp it with egg yolk. Boil it and crush it up for it.

Do you have the label for the chick supplement that you've been giving it? Normally I would recommend some Nutri-Drench, but what you're giving it might be similar.

I hate to say this, but it sounds like your chick might not make it. I'm not saying to stop trying, but be prepared for the worst.

You can try to temp it with egg yolk. Boil it and crush it up for it.

Do you have the label for the chick supplement that you've been giving it? Normally I would recommend some Nutri-Drench, but what you're giving it might be similar.

I hate to say this, but it sounds like your chick might not make it. I'm not saying to stop trying, but be prepared for the worst.
Okay then, I'll try to feed him some egg yolk... I'm sorry I've thrown away the packaging because I keep the food in a sealed container... Yeah I'm prepared for the worst anyway, because he's already so weak from the first day which I even thought he won't survive,, but it's a miracle he's still alive till now... Thank you so much for the advice

Okay then, I'll try to feed him some egg yolk... I'm sorry I've thrown away the packaging because I keep the food in a sealed container... Yeah I'm prepared for the worst anyway, because he's already so weak from the first day which I even thought he won't survive,, but it's a miracle he's still alive till now... Thank you so much for the advice
This community is great. You will always find someone who will try to help.

Keep up the good work and keep posting on the little one's status.

This community is great. You will always find someone who will try to help.

Keep up the good work and keep posting on the little one's status.
Hi again, the little fluffy guy has been doing great this past few hours... He's still sleeping a lot, but if I touch him, he would ran away and he seems to be more energetic... But is there a way teaching him how to eat and drink by himself? I saw some tutorial on YouTube (we use our finger to poke on the food) but it doesn't work at all

Make sure the food is small enough for it to eat. You may need to grind or pound it until it's almost powder.

Scatter it on a paper towel, and tap it. A normal chick will start to peck by instinct and discover food.

Make sure the food is small enough for it to eat. You may need to grind or pound it until it's almost powder.

Scatter it on a paper towel, and tap it. A normal chick will start to peck by instinct and discover food.
Yeah I have blend it until the texture is like powder... I have tried to put him on paper towel with some food... I tapped on the food but he doesn't even want to eat it... Is there any other way?

Yeah I have blend it until the texture is like powder... I have tried to put him on paper towel with some food... I tapped on the food but he doesn't even want to eat it... Is there any other way?
Be patient. Normal chicks will figure it out after a few taps, but if yours is that weak, you may need to keep up with the Nutri-Drench for a while to give it strength.

Be patient. Normal chicks will figure it out after a few taps, but if yours is that weak, you may need to keep up with the Nutri-Drench for a while to give it strength.
Actually he tried to peck, but he peck at the part where there is no food.. If I put the food in front of him, he would peck at other places without any food there... Is this even normal?

Back
Top Bottom