weak goose

melissa41927

Songster
14 Years
Oct 8, 2009
northeast corner al
i have a 2 year old tufted roman goose. she has been laying normally all spring but i dont think she ever set. this week i have noticed that she is very week with dirty feathers, she also stands with her head tuck under her wing. her and her gander have free range of 5 arces yard, she has never been sick alway strong and healthy. i have noticed her stick her head up in the air and swallow a few times even when they are not near water. i was giving them a treat that they usually love and she tripped and just about didn't recover. any ideas on what is going on or what i need to do?

i have a 2 year old tufted roman goose. she has been laying normally all spring but i dont think she ever set. this week i have noticed that she is very week with dirty feathers, she also stands with her head tuck under her wing. her and her gander have free range of 5 arces yard, she has never been sick alway strong and healthy. i have noticed her stick her head up in the air and swallow a few times even when they are not near water. i was giving them a treat that they usually love and she tripped and just about didn't recover. any ideas on what is going on or what i need to do?
Grazing over 5 acres she may have eaten something toxic. or could she have gotten hold of something metal? a vet visit may give you some ideas, but here is a link about flushes to remove toxins most use the molasses flush, go right by the directions. I hope you can treat her quickly because it's important that you do. Please let us know how she does. Have you checked her for wounds?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/700526/flushes-for-aiding-in-toxin-removal#post_9508213

Back
Top Bottom