Weak Newly Hatched Chick

Okay so the little guy made it but still cannot stand. I've had experience with splayed legs, but his hips almost seem to stick out behind him instead of out, so he just falls on his face. He's eating a drinking and has the LOUDEST mouth on him, so I want to give him a chance. His toes were curled so I've applied boots.
I have him propped up in a little chickie wheel chair but I don't know what else to do for him. Started him on vitamins too. Any ideas?

Okay so the little guy made it but still cannot stand. I've had experience with splayed legs, but his hips almost seem to stick out behind him instead of out, so he just falls on his face. He's eating a drinking and has the LOUDEST mouth on him, so I want to give him a chance. His toes were curled so I've applied boots.
I have him propped up in a little chickie wheel chair but I don't know what else to do for him. Started him on vitamins too. Any ideas?
Sounds the same as my Blue. Seems like you're doing everything you can right now.
You can take the boot off after a week or 2 then just massage the foot as often as you can. Try to do some physiotherapy as often as you can, this can be just encouraging him to walk, or you can do it more professionally.
Make sure he's eating and drinking, he might not be able to get to the food and water so he's not eating or drinking. Every day just feed him some wet crumb and gently dip his beak in the water.
I'm curious about this chicken wheelchair. Do you have any photos?

Back
Top Bottom