Weak Peahen, Can't walk without stumbling and toppling over.

Zaz, I think that would be terrific (well, putting her down won't be fun
hit.gif
)

I looked online earlier and did not come up with any graphics of peafowl... not sure I have ever seen drawings of internal stuff. Could you do something like that chicken drawing that shows the organs in relation to each other? You are such a good artist
clap.gif

If I tried to draw one, it would mostly look like a bird stepped in ink and hopped all over the page
gig.gif

I was thinking about that too.... but then I wondered, if the hen was too sick to eat, might she pass mucousy poo from lack of material for her digestive tract to process?

I'm also wondering about things which could affect her digestive tract, like something going on in her crop, or an obstruction, or eating a foreign object or bad critter... I am positively terrified of the possibility of secondary poisonings from rodent control, I'm always so afraid my dogs will eat a dying mouse...
hide.gif

It's a good sign that the poo was more normal today
fl.gif
If she is off her feed her poo will be like that.

This is when tubing becomes a good diagnostic tool. Hydrate first and in a few hours the poop should have lots of clear water. Then tube baby bird food and a few hours later they should start passing stool. If they don't, the real trouble shooting begins.

-Kathy

I'm all for it. This may sound morbid and insensitive, but you could maybe euthanize, then fill her crop with water so we could see what a pea crop looks like full. Of course this won't work if euthanasia is removing the head.

Sorry you have to her. {{{{{ hugs}}}}}

-Kathy
I am ok i have had excellent luck with hatches and wee peas,once in 2 years is good for me
wink.png
i expected more sense they are so delicate.

I can fill the crop with water with a turkey baster but remember it is no longer supported with the diaphragm and it might be distorted so that is why i think air would be better sense i will have to remove the crop from the cavity to tie the valves off
wink.png

Wasn't it Leonardo DaVinci who had to go down to the morgue at night so he could study anatomy and do dissections?

I'm all for it. This may sound morbid and insensitive, but you could maybe euthanize, then fill her crop with water so we could see what a pea crop looks like full. Of course this won't work if euthanasia is removing the head.

Sorry you have to her. {{{{{ hugs}}}}}

-Kathy

I am ok i have had excellent luck with hatches and wee peas,once in 2 years is good for me ;)  i expected more sense they are so delicate.

I can fill the crop with water with a turkey baster but remember it is no longer supported with the diaphragm and it might be distorted so that is why i think air would be better sense i will have to remove the crop from the cavity to tie the valves off ;)  

Any chance you could pluck the neck and chest feathers to and fill with water and air so we can see what it looks like while still on the bird?

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom