Wed chicks diahrea

Chickaadee

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 9, 2009
Western Ky
I have 4 little BO's and they have really grown since I brought them home on Wed. I have one that just started with the diahree. I keep them right by my desk and I have a dog pee pad down and 5 layers of paper towels and change the papers alot. They are on medicated feed. Is there anything that I can do before they get too sick I change there water several times a day but there food always looks ok. What do you think is wrong? could it stress?
Thank you
Mary

well the poop has gone to liquid brown Miss Priss is a little smaller than the other three but she always has.there growing good their feathers on there wings are getting longer and there getting little tail feathers, Miss Priss is a little behind on the feathers but there still growing.
Mary

Poor things! If they are eating and drinking good, and do not seem sick I would just watch for any problems. I don't know what you can give a small chick. Hopefully someone else on here will post with an answer. I'm sorry!
sad.png

Maybe it was a switch in their food since you just got them!?! The other people might have been giving them something different! Hopefully they will get over it soon!

Last edited:
I don't have any magic answer either. But most of my chicks had stools that varied between liquid and semi-solid for the first several days. They are fine. If they are eating and active, I agree, I wouldn't get too worried about it.

Thats good to know I was worried. With dogs you know if there poops go off something is going on I'm glad that isnt the same with chickens. I have had them 9 days boy have I used the paper towels lol. I figure they were 2 or 3 days old when I got them at the tractore store.
Thanks again
Mary

We always put 1 Tablespoon of organic apple cider vinegar (vinegar with the mother still in it) per gallon in the water. That really helps with loose stools.

But I will say the stress of shipping, new surroundings, vaccinations--can upset their little systems and sometimes there are loose poos. Hopefully they will come around quickly.

Back
Top Bottom