Week 7 opinions?

Hard to tell but they are in the coop!
D665D222-56E7-4E27-8B9D-D65AE9A03213.jpeg

Mine are six weeks old and I’ve been putting them out in the coop and run daily for the last two weeks. I haven’t left them overnight yet due to lows in the 40’s and consistently high winds. When the wind picks up, they go in the coop and on the roosts. My coop is a very open coop so it can get wind inside the coop so I have brought them in the garage at night. By this weekend, they will make the final move to the coop.

I've had chicks out in overnight temperatures in the mid 20's Fahrenheit at 5-1/2 weeks with no supplemental heat a couple of different times. I would have had yours outside over a week ago in 40 F and not worried about it a bit.

I understand your concern and if you had a larger brooder I'd say there is no real rush to get them outside, but they can handle the temperatures and with that brooder they kind of need to go.

They're Rocks, had them for yrs, tough resilient birds.

I've had chicks out in overnight temperatures in the mid 20's Fahrenheit at 5-1/2 weeks with no supplemental heat a couple of different times. I would have had yours outside over a week ago in 40 F and not worried about it a bit.

I understand your concern and if you had a larger brooder I'd say there is no real rush to get them outside, but they can handle the temperatures and with that brooder they kind of need to go.
Appreciate the responses. They are outside, they seem extremely happy as well. I probably won’t sleep much tonight though lol.

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom