Weekly growth ameraucana chicks

the splash is turning into such a pretty pullet! Are you going to be keeping both if the black one is in fact a rooster?
No unfortunately the roo has to be rehomed 😭😭😭 if the splash gets too sad without him ill send her to him. Im holding onto the sweet guy until he crows

Hey sorry I missed a week 11 its been hectic! Here's week 12, somehow over the past week the splash pullet has been losing tail feathers day by day, and now she just has two left. I'm not sure how! Ive seen her pluck any damaged or twisted feathers, so she could even be the culprit. Enjoy her little rump this week!
Screenshot_20230510-184129_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230510-182618_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230510-182405_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230510-182336_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230510-182015_Gallery.jpg

I swear, are you me? Same thing happened with me (missed week 11)! Kinda like your splash gal I am finding so many feathers in the run... I'm slightly getting worried but I'm not seeing any physical markers of pecking so I think everyone's just getting their adult feathers in? A mini molt?

Hey guys, I just want to thank you so much for following along and helping me guess!

The time has come and I've rehomed the black cockerel as he starting crowing on Friday. He's going to a great home with tons of other chickens to free-range on a good couple acres.

I'm going to post one last update in the unknown future once the splash (99% confirmed pullet) lays her first egg, which I will share in this thread.

Thanks again!

Hey guys, I just want to thank you so much for following along and helping me guess!

The time has come and I've rehomed the black cockerel as he starting crowing on Friday. He's going to a great home with tons of other chickens to free-range on a good couple acres.

I'm going to post one last update in the unknown future once the splash (99% confirmed pullet) lays her first egg, which I will share in this thread.

Thanks again!
Let's see an egg!! :fl:wee

Back
Top Bottom