Weeks old chicks- lethargic, pale, watery/bubbly eyes

VandyClark

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 14, 2012
Woodville, TX
Hello-

I have 2 chicks about 4 weeks old- they've grown quite lethargic, puffing up their feathers & have watery eyes with bubbles in them. What could this be? Should I separate them? Is there anything I can do to help them?

Hello-

I have 2 chicks about 4 weeks old- they've grown quite lethargic, puffing up their feathers & have watery eyes with bubbles in them. What could this be? Should I separate them? Is there anything I can do to help them?
Where did the chicks come from? Hatchery? Farm Store?

MG sounds awful... I've separated the sick from the others, but I'm concerned they might develop it as well... Any advice on how to handle this situation?

MG sounds awful... I've separated the sick from the others, but I'm concerned they might develop it as well... Any advice on how to handle this situation?
If you're getting the antibiotics, I'd watch and listen. If you see any signs of it spreading in the others, I'd start treatment on them as well. Stay with the middle dosing. The 400mg dose is enough to kick it back hard and let their bodies also work on it. I always try to save the 'big guns' or higher doses for later.

Back
Top Bottom