weezy peafowl 1 year old-what to do??

horselove1972

Hatching
9 Years
Dec 6, 2010
I have a 1 yr old peafowl and noticed her weezing when I'm in feeding. She's pretty reserved and doesn't appreciate me trying to get to close so I feed her a treat (piece of bread) and I can hear her weezing when she eats. I also noticed that her feet look cracked and not smooth like the male I got. I don't know what to do about that either problem. Can someone advice me. (new peafowl owner) Thank you!! Jody

Jody ,, have you wormed them ? Some time a bird that is wormy can get weak and run down and then has other problems.. I suggest you worm them with panacure 1/2 cc and also give them some tylan 200 or Baytril 1/2 cc which are antibiotics. If they can not be cought ,inject the meds into a grape and feed it to them or on your bread if they like that as a treat. let us know if this helps.. george:)

Good advice so far. Can you see if the nasal passage is discharging or clogged? Also check to see if there is any swelling in one of the nasal passages. If looking straight on the sides of the face should be somewhat symmetrical. If one side looks a little bit swollen, this would signify the infection. The Tylan will work for this and if 200mg/ml is not available, get the 50 mg/ml and increase the dosage accordingly. Also the 200 is more $$ and chances are the bottle will expire before you use 1/4 of it. If the symptoms persist for sinus infection then there are good references here and online for further treatment. The pancure, aka fenbendazole (safeguard goat dewormer) can also be given 3cc in 1 gallon of drinking water over 4 days. Change water daily.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom