Weighed one of my Turkeys today and......

Quote:
Who needs lubricant?! LOL! They do ALL the work for you!

big_smile.png

Now that I have been looking closer, I don't think they are the BBW, I think they may be the smaller ones like the Hollands or one fo the others.

Well, I'll find out in the Spring if they are worth the wait. I don't want to be feeding anything that will give me nothing in return.

Quote:
Not really a fair swap, since the BBWs will likely not live long and the Royal Palms will not only live long but reproduce and run and fly -- those *important* things the Frankenstein birds can't do.

I think the owner of the farm supply store is going to try and get me 2 royal palms in the spring. If so that will be fine. It will just put me back a year and to the plans that I had in the first place.

They don't look like BB's to me. My BBB's got up to about 60 lbs. or more in 8 months. A heritage breed will never get that big. BB's will get leg problems, they'll be visibly having trouble getting around. Heritage birds don't get that way.

I hope you have heritage birds! Good luck!

I am going to try and get a better picture tomorrow of them. I have now noticed that both are growing a beard.
barnie.gif

Does this mean I have 2 Toms.......again?
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom