Weight Watchers

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by astylishgirl, May 14, 2009.

1. astylishgirl

astylishgirl Animal Lover Supreme

Apr 27, 2009
    Beaumont, Texas
    Just started weight watchers and today I am really wanting to cheat! Anyone want to get on board with me? Form a check in or support group?

2. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    Quote:Sorry.....I cheat, I like food! [​IMG]
    Good luck with your venture.

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:I really do wish you luck. I gained weight on weight watchers when they first started the points system..... I stopped dieting and focused on eating better and lost 40 lbs in 2 years.

4. astylishgirl

Apr 27, 2009
    Beaumont, Texas
    OMG... don't tell me that! LOL. Normally, I do Atkins/Sugar Busters, but everyone swears by Weight Watchers.

5. debilorrah

Quote:Honestly? If you focus on eating fruits for snacks, or sugar free jello with cool whip for a dessert and a burger with fries only once a week, make conscious decisions to eat MORE healthy things and LESS fattening things, you will do yourself a great justice. I am almost 48 years and I was born fat - 2 1/2 months early at almost 8 lbs. I am still overweight however, I am healthier with those 40 lbs gone. We keep the fruits and veggies that I LIKE, not the ones I have to force myself to eat. Who cares if the only veggie you like is green beans, or broccoli, or whatever it is. You are eating it!!! I do not like bananas so I only buy them for the chickens! When everyone wants meatloaf, I eat a couple eggs instead. Not a big deal.

6. HarlansHollowFarms

Jan 16, 2009
    Quote:Honestly? If you focus on eating fruits for snacks, or sugar free jello with cool whip for a dessert and a burger with fries only once a week, make conscious decisions to eat MORE healthy things and LESS fattening things, you will do yourself a great justice. I am almost 48 years and I was born fat - 2 1/2 months early at almost 8 lbs. I am still overweight however, I am healthier with those 40 lbs gone. We keep the fruits and veggies that I LIKE, not the ones I have to force myself to eat. Who cares if the only veggie you like is green beans, or broccoli, or whatever it is. You are eating it!!! I do not like bananas so I only buy them for the chickens! When everyone wants meatloaf, I eat a couple eggs instead. Not a big deal.

I am with Debi here, eat what you like, cut down on portions. If you try to eliminate foods and eat thing that you really don't like, it will sabotage all your good intentions.

7. astylishgirl

Apr 27, 2009
    Beaumont, Texas
    Probably true... but I am going to stick with Weight Watchers for awhile. I LOVE veggies, so it is not hard for me. It just helps me keep track of portion control.

8. HarlansHollowFarms

Jan 16, 2009
    Quote:Good thing to like vegies, they make great snacks...
    good luck

9. debilorrah

Let me quantify my statements. Keep up with weight watchers.... If you continue to have struggles and feel like giving up COMPLETELY, try eating healthier and not cutting out what you really love.

10. I had great luck with weight watchers when I was on it. I dropped 12 pounds in 3 weeks with the points system.
    Stick with it though. I didn't and it all came back...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by