WEIRD CHICK ? = beak rubs

little-beep

Songster
Jan 9, 2022
Does anyone else have quail chicks who LOVE to have their little beak rubbed? or is my chick just very odd?

Chick is 5 weeks old and very tame, but when he gets upset or afraid I've discovered that if I put my thumb & forefinger on either side of his little beak and just pat or rub it a bit, he will become very still and quiet as though this somehow calms him.

I looked online but can't find anything about this .... is it because he thinks I'm grooming him or something?

can i see some pics of the quail
For sure...
5wk Sweetypea.JPG
5wks sweetypea.JPG

beak rub!
beak rub.JPG

@Sara S That's hilarious! - the 2nd photo colors of chicken are soooo gorgeous, wow. You should put a little leash on it and take it to the mall to strut it's stuff.

I used to "chicken sit" for a neighbor years ago who had hens that laid blue eggs. I called them 'designer chickens'. One of the chickens was very tame, you could pick it up and it would sit on your shoulder. The chickens were very spoiled... I had to cook them hot oatmeal every morning! ... and they had their own trampoline :woot

@Sara S That's hilarious! - the 2nd photo colors of chicken are soooo gorgeous, wow. You should put a little leash on it and take it to the mall to strut it's stuff.

I used to "chicken sit" for a neighbor years ago who had hens that laid blue eggs. I called them 'designer chickens'. One of the chickens was very tame, you could pick it up and it would sit on your shoulder. The chickens were very spoiled... I had to cook them hot oatmeal every morning! ... and they had their own trampoline :woot
I need a chicken trampoline🤣🤣🤣 that’s Bob Ross, my money maker (soon). I’m gonna get her a diaper and a pretty harness so we can go shopping together

Back
Top Bottom