Weird Duck Behavior!

Is a drake trying to get ontop of another drake a dominance thing?
Most of the time yes. my drakes usually have their wrestling match first then the loser will run off with the winner in hot pursuit when he catches him he will stand over top of him
but I understand dominant drakes will even mate with less dominant drakes Poor things,

Is a drake trying to get ontop of another drake a dominance thing?

I don't know why, but when one of my females does the egg squat, sometimes some of the other girls get on her as well as the boys - it well could be a dominance thing. My two drakes are pretty good buds, so I don't think I've seen them try to get on each other (at least recently), but it does seem like that would make sense for it to be a dominance thing, if they're all drakes.

I can't really tell whether there is a drake feather in those pictures, sorry. Last summer my drakes lost their drake feathers for a while (after having them) until they grew back in. Do you know if maybe he had one and it got pulled out? Are you able to take a quick video/sound recording (some iPods can do that...not sure whether they can be uploaded to BYC) of him talking?

Last edited:
I took a video of him this morning talking but it would not let me download it to BYC. He might have had one earlier but if he did it was very small and not noticable that much. I have not seen them rough housing until the whole glove incident.

I think BYC is different on the phone than it is on the computer. The only things that are in my reply box is the "B" the link the picture and the "@"

I have a cayuga duck also and she is starting to do the same thing sort of lol she flattens herself, wings kinda spread and she sits real low. She just started doing it a few days ago and I think it's her ready to mate also, if you go on YouTube, difference between a male and female duck, there's a guy who owns cayugas and you can hear their quacks and compare it to yours, that's how I found out my Token wasn't male :/ lol

Yep my duck sounds like a boy but he has some grey feathers coming out from under his wings and the guy in the video said only the girls have that

Back
Top Bottom