Weird egg

So are egg spots the “meat spots”? Do you eat them or just get rid of them?
There are meat spots and blood spots. I scramble most my eggs so not concerned with eating them. If blood spot is really big I might just toss egg.

It’s almost 7 months old. It laid another egg that was kind of faded on parts . If it is a respitory issue, is that serious and would you be concerned ?
I had a couple hens that I started with that had mild respiratory symptoms, they both laid slab sided eggs all winter(I had them under lights) they seemed otherwise pretty healthy so I did nothing, but I don't use antibiotics on my birds. How to deal with disease is a very personal decision IMO.

There are meat spots and blood spots. I scramble most my eggs so not concerned with eating them. If blood spot is really big I might just toss egg.

I had a couple hens that I started with that had mild respiratory symptoms, they both laid slab sided eggs all winter(I had them under lights) they seemed otherwise pretty healthy so I did nothing, but I don't use antibiotics on my birds. How to deal with disease is a very personal decision IMO.
Thank you for the explanation!! :frow

Back
Top Bottom