Weird egg

mj0

Chirping
Jun 2, 2022
SE Ohio
What is this weird white spot? Chickens are 7 months just started laying in August. First time I've seen this.... No roo.
IMG_20221122_140536.jpg

That is a meat spot, look it up in the egg quality handbook. It has nothing to do with a rooster.

Sometimes something gets in the internal egg making factory along with the yolk. It could be something from the hen's body cavity or lining could slough off of the hen's internal plumbing and wind up in the egg. Not real common but not that unusual. Blood spots are more common. Things like that are why I suggest we always open our eggs in a separate bowl before we mix them with anything. Those are safe to eat but some of us (maybe a lot) can't get past the yuk! factor.

That is a meat spot, look it up in the egg quality handbook. It has nothing to do with a rooster.

Sometimes something gets in the internal egg making factory along with the yolk. It could be something from the hen's body cavity or lining could slough off of the hen's internal plumbing and wind up in the egg. Not real common but not that unusual. Blood spots are more common. Things like that are why I suggest we always open our eggs in a separate bowl before we mix them with anything. Those are safe to eat but some of us (maybe a lot) can't get past the yuk! factor.
Yea, my mom sent me the picture she was making something.... We do open eggs in separate bowl thankfully... She didn't use it.... Thank you for responding

Back
Top Bottom