Weird open bump on chickens beak?

DovesFlock

Songster
Aug 31, 2023
I’m not really sure what this is or how to fix it but any suggestions?

IMG_3787.jpeg

It’s some hard white thing in the middle of her nostrils and has idk possibly dirt or something black in it.

Is she ok?

It looks like a common beak injury we see occasionally from sticking the beak through wire fencing or rubbing on a sharp feeder. I would,watch it, but if she is tame enough you could take some QTips and clean it out with soap and water. Then paint some Betadine, chlorhexidene, or disinfectant on it.

It looks like a common beak injury we see occasionally from sticking the beak through wire fencing or rubbing on a sharp feeder. I would,watch it, but if she is tame enough you could take some QTips and clean it out with soap and water. Then paint some Betadine, chlorhexidene, or disinfectant on it.
Ok thank you! Yea she’s extremely docile I’ll try that out!

Can that get infected? One of mine has the same problem and I’m worried it might be infected.
There is a possibility it could. im not 100% sure but I believe if it hits a flesh part then it could get infected. I’d make a thread of your own. Someone more experienced than me may be able to help you more!

Sorry for a late response! I hope all is still well!

Back
Top Bottom