WEIRD or ODD Eggs pics!!!! :)

Pics

I've gotten eggs like this twice in a row from the same hen (with a day in between). They look like they're cracked, but they're sealed. This hen has been laying eggs with very runny whites over the last 6 months or so. Anyone know what is causing this? Will she be ok?

Thanks for any help!

I've gotten eggs like this twice in a row from the same hen (with a day in between). They look like they're cracked, but they're sealed. This hen has been laying eggs with very runny whites over the last 6 months or so. Anyone know what is causing this? Will she be ok?

Thanks for any help!

We get eggs once in awhile like that too. We don't sell those. We eat, bake or cook with them. Do they get to free range and eat grass? Also if it has been extremely hot out, that can affect the birds.

OWW!

So - my girls are getting into the swing of things and giving me an egg a day from each bird. Today, someone layed this monster:

I can't even get the carton to close:

I'm not positive who did this. I suspect it's Danerys the Black Sex Link, but I checked everyone for prolapsed vents and didn't see anyone walking funny.
hu.gif
I know this thing can happen from time to time, but should I be on the lookout for any environmental or congenital problems that may be raising their ugly head?

The day after Christmas, I woke up and found this! It was perfectly split into two shades of blue.
Im positive it was a lavendar ameraucana, but I think it was somebodies first egg, because I found a small brown egg the other day that was the same way. Our maran had already layed an egg that day, so it had to be one of our 2 golden comets or our silver laced wyandotte.

The day after Christmas, I woke up and found this! It was perfectly split into two shades of blue.
Im positive it was a lavendar ameraucana, but I think it was somebodies first egg, because I found a small brown egg the other day that was the same way. Our maran had already layed an egg that day, so it had to be one of our 2 golden comets or our silver laced wyandotte.
I have a an olive egger who still occasionally lays eggs like these but the top of the egg is a rough bumpy texture (Olive Green), the bottom was smooth & a different shade of green.

welcome-byc.gif
I have gotten similar eggs in the past but they are very few and far between. I thought I took some pictures of them but can't find them. I usually take pictures of all of my odd eggs. I did have a hard drive failure a few months back so maybe it was on it. Over the years I have had many different odd eggs. I just love seeing pictures of all the odd eggs people get. Did you take a picture of your Wyandotte's egg?

Back
Top Bottom