WEIRD or ODD Eggs pics!!!! :)

Pics

One of our Easter Egger's hadn't laid an egg for two days, and started doing the penguin walk. We brought her inside and put her in warm water for 10 minutes, two minutes after we took her out she laid this balloon egg. We opened it up to find a lot of egg white just inside, then another membrane, a little more egg white, and then a soft egg, with a slightly thicker membrane, with a yolk inside. It is the pink egg you can see inside floating around inside. That was Sunday, she took another day off, and she laid a normal egg on Tuesday.

I got a strange on today, not sure what cause it and the hen did not lay it in the nest

My GLW has been laying for about three weeks now. She lays the prettiest little smooth brown eggs - such a great color. Twice she has laid these slab sided eggs. :/

She has no infection. We have an 8x10 run with a 4x8 coop. Six nest boxes. And six full sized girls. All just laying or haven't laid yet. Plus one 15oz Serama hen (who is broody on nothing right now). All the ladies who are laying right now all use the same box.

The hen laying these eggs is queen bee - other than the Serama who rules them all. There are no fights. I believe at this point we have over 4 sqft per bird in the run. It is a tractor and we move it every 2-3 days. So I am not sure if the trouble is over crowding? The eggs have been perfect, so have the other eggs laid by the other girls.

I guess my question is, is this normal for a new layer? Or is there a big problem here? She was 22 weeks old when she started laying (she's 25 weeks today) and has been consistent as a daily layer, until she gets one of these and she skips a day. We also have Olive Eggers and their eggs have been larger than hers. Her first egg though was a double yolker. And she has also laid a fairy egg.

She's lays brown and green? Size of the coop seems quite sizeable for 6 hens to me. I have a 4x6 coop with 3 boxes for 4 hens (10 months old) with a 3x8 run. I have 1 box they never lay in..they just prefer the other 2. Are you sure these aren't your Olive Egger eggs? I have a Barred Rock who's yolks and whites are not connected from the get-go ( we scramble her eggs or use for baking only) What to do about my "different" girl? What can you do? Nothing unless you cull and I'm not doing that..she's so sweet, she tries so hard. I hope she grows out of it, but until then I know her eggs, mark it with an X at the top and she makes yummy scrambled eggs. If I've learned anything from this thread..chickens lay freaky funky eggs sometimes!

Here are a couple of recent eggs from either our Welsummers or Koo Koo Marins. These eggs get weirder all the time!

got this egg today not sure what it is.

Here are a couple of recent eggs from either our Welsummers or Koo Koo Marins. These eggs get weirder all the time!

Those are cool looking...love speckles!
Had a few of those from a Wellie mix...then she went back to solid color, just a spray booth glitch I guess.

Back
Top Bottom