WEIRD or ODD Eggs pics!!!! :)

Pics
Once a week my girl drops something like this, not in the nest in the run or floor of coop.. And then the next day it will be huge?

Again tonight I went to lock up my girls and two huge soft shell eggs on the floor of the coop not in the nest area seems like once a week ?

today i collected our 3 eggs and found this extra large egg, it weighed in at a whopping 89 grams compared to its usual weight of 62grams
this is surprising to me since its getting a bit colder and we havent seen a blue egg from our araucanas for over 3 weeks.

how it compares in an empty box of large free range eggs, the lid only just closes

Again tonight I went to lock up my girls and two huge soft shell eggs on the floor of the coop not in the nest area seems like once a week ?
are they getting enough calcium? we grind half our egg shells to tiny pieces and put them in a small feeder, they dont use much but they do use it.

Thanks looks like they are all doing fine ,I think they were still just new layers ? One of my girls gives the biggest eggs I feel bad for her lol new phone si I'm not sure how to put a pic up I'm gonna try:)

This doesn't show it well my husband had a pic of it next to a apple lol it was almost the same size

Last edited:
I think I posted this picture before. This egg was layed by one of my Sex-Links and it weighed 135 grams. There was another egg inside and both eggs were double yolks. The smaller egg is 61 grams.

Back
Top Bottom