WEIRD or ODD Eggs pics!!!! :)

Pics

I recently adopted two birds. The girl who had them did not care for them very well but I have had them for about 3 months now and the seem healthy and very happy. I have what she said was a Black Orpington and a Coronation Sussex. The attached eggs are from the black Orp. As you see one is lovely and the other has what looks and feels like scratches on it. The egg itself is fine and very tasty. I am just wondering why these scratches are on the shell. Besides the scratches, the feel very smooth. The are eating high quality feed, fresh water and the get some veggys and grains every day. I thought she might be stepping on them after she laid them and making the marks? I have searched and cant find a post that answers my questions. They are about 1-2 years old from what she told me, but I am not sure. They lay one egg every other day. I am new to the chicken world so your thoughts would be appreciated.

I have had that too though very rare. Not sure about the marks. I hope someone can tell us what causes them. My Orps weren't great layers either. Don't have them any more.

I have not checked the inside of the shell! Don't know why i did not think of that. When I crack it open I will be sure to look.

I love these

I love these
TherryChicken- Those are some beautiful (and very shiny) eggs!

My leghorn hen stopped laying for a year, then suddenly started again right after her 4th birthday. I don't have pictures but we were so shocked when we found she laid 2 eggs at once, both large and double-yolkers! Maybe she was saving up for a year just to do that :p

TherryChicken- Those are some beautiful (and very shiny) eggs! My leghorn hen stopped laying for a year, then suddenly started again right after her 4th birthday. I don't have pictures but we were so shocked when we found she laid 2 eggs at once, both large and double-yolkers! Maybe she was saving up for a year just to do that :p
Idk maybe and thank you, but they are actually wet :)

I got a Jumbo egg from my standard girls it was a double yolker, both yolks were huge with very little egg white.

Then a couple of weeks later I get two teeny tiny egg each from a different hen.
from top to bottom
from left to right XL, L (Top Row) Medium, Small (Center) Peewee, ? Bottom

Normal Peewee Bantam egg & and teeny tiny egg. This picture makes these eggs look bigger then they really are especially the little one. it is actually maybe half the size of a quail egg, maybe smaller.

The inside of the teeny tiny egg , the egg white was the consistency of a ducks white (sticky thick type).

Back
Top Bottom