WEIRD or ODD Eggs pics!!!! :)

Pics
One of my Polish is coming back into laying after a long winter break. Today I found not one but TWO wind eggs in the nest, including the smallest wind egg I have ever seen--not only from my own birds, but from anyone on here as well. If anyone has posted a smaller egg, I'd be tickled to see it!

The two wind eggs pictured next to a quarter, with a "normal" Polish crested egg for added reference. The smallest egg looks for all the world like a white jellybean.

It doesn't even span the width of a quarter!

This makes four wind eggs from Aretha so far this season. Wowie zowie.

Last edited:
Pores in egg shell? What are these?
looks like this when dry

Some eggs are porous, some eggs are speckled....that looks like bloom spatter, the protective coating gone on a little thick and uneven.

One of my Polish is coming back into laying after a long winter break. Today I found not one but TWO wind eggs in the nest, including the smallest wind egg I have ever seen--not only from my own birds, but from anyone on here as well. If anyone has posted a smaller egg, I'd be tickled to see it!

The two wind eggs pictured next to a quarter, with a "normal" Polish crested egg for added reference. The smallest egg looks for all the world like a white jellybean.

It doesn't even span the width of a quarter!

This makes four wind eggs from Aretha so far this season. Wowie zowie.

These are a couple I got awhile back next to a quarter. I think they are about the same size as yours.

This was in the nesting box today...rubber 'shell'. I just happened to be near the coop right after the hen laid the egg and she acted very strange afterwards...walking around almost like she was in a daze...didn't eat her treats, almost lethargic. Or is that how they usually act after laying?

Holy Torpedo Egg...who laid that one?!?!?
I dunno. I'll get a picture of it on a quarter tonight if I can find a quarter!!

I'd expect one like this to have an open end, or soft shell or something, but the shell quality is perfectly normal. VERY odd. Strangest chicken egg I've ever gotten.

Back
Top Bottom