WEIRD or ODD Eggs pics!!!! :)

My crested cream legbar has a thing for oyster shell and ends up laying sandpaper eggs almost daily. Looks uncomfortable but she wont leave the calcium alone. I cant put it away because a couple of my girls lay thin shelled or rubber eggs without it. Oh well. It is self inflicted

I don't have a picture, but I'm thinking this post belongs here? I had a girl lay an egg today that had no shell. All the other eggs in the nestbox were covered in yolk and there was a small clump of rubbery membrane in the box that I'm assuming was the "shell". Every other egg from my girls is normal and healthy. Just a fluke? Probably a first egg from one of my new Marans? Nothing to worry about?

I don't have a picture, but I'm thinking this post belongs here? I had a girl lay an egg today that had no shell. All the other eggs in the nestbox were covered in yolk and there was a small clump of rubbery membrane in the box that I'm assuming was the "shell". Every other egg from my girls is normal and healthy. Just a fluke? Probably a first egg from one of my new Marans?  Nothing to worry about?

Happens all the time, especially with new layers. I get "rubber eggs" occasionaly. Its just an egg that skipped the shell step. Nothing to worry about unless you are getting them every day. Make sure your gals have oyster shell available at all times just in case it is a calcium deficiency but other than that no worries. If you find one that isn't broken they are great for scaring non chicken people. Hand it to them and watch them freak out at the unexpected squishy egg ;)

I don't have a picture, but I'm thinking this post belongs here? I had a girl lay an egg today that had no shell. All the other eggs in the nestbox were covered in yolk and there was a small clump of rubbery membrane in the box that I'm assuming was the "shell". Every other egg from my girls is normal and healthy. Just a fluke? Probably a first egg from one of my new Marans? Nothing to worry about?

I've only been doing chickens for about 5 yrs. Yes, some of the girls's bodies are Just starting to lay so things can go Screwy. i like to think they are practicing the job of laying Every DAY for a few years to come.
Like a LOT of LIFE, Not a problem unless it's made to be one.
tongue.png
tongue2.gif
lol.png

This one's not all that weird, but when i first started getting them, I thought my chickens were getting too much calcium (we started to supplement after having some very thin-shelled eggs). However, I learned online that it's just a normal variation, and nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
It either has Freckles or Measles. Maybe a dot to dot Design? LOL
gig.gif

* P-Dog * We'll wonder if I am as calm when THIS batch of Pullets starts laying...
lau.gif

Hahaha... Yeah. I'm pretty laid back, I guess. My girls are healthy and happy. Are on layer feed and have access to oyster shell. Plus, they get treats each day in the form of left over parrot food. I'd stress if they ALL suddenly had funky eggs!

Back
Top Bottom