Weird poop: looks like cysts? (Picture included)

Tearful as I write this. She is now having difficulty walking. After reading the Marek's description carefully, I think she may be a candidate.

I am so sorrowful about this. She is not eating well...at all. The only thing that I can get her to eat is live mealworms; I am adding them to baby bird food, so she is getting some nutrition, but not very much. She appears to sleep almost continually.

I love my animals so much and I have lost two horses and two cats this year. I don't know how to find the courage to keep going with this sweet, sweet pullet. And, if it is Marek's, it means her "room mate" is doomed as well.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I will say this: I will never buy older chickens again from a local person. These ladies are so sweet... it's just breaking my heart. From now on I'm hatching my own eggs only.

Sorry that she is worse, and that you think it may be Mareks. What are her symptoms? Can she move her legs and wings?

Thanks for replying. Legs: not very well. Not stable. She is eating now, but is very thin. Excessive sleeping.

Room mate is currently standing, but sleeping. Julie (original problem) is not standing upright, but is "squatting".

She just went down all the way. Picture
F164B36C-A30A-4E02-876D-6882C754375A.jpeg

I don't know a whole lot about Marek's, but I do know a lot of birds can suppress the virus. Not necessarily a death warranty of your other hen. Hopefully your sick hen doesn't have Marek's :( I'm sorry you're dealing with this.

If she does happen to pass away, I really hope you would consider sending her body for a necropsy. In the event it is Marek's, it would be incredibly helpful to know.

How old is she now? Is there any chance at all she's trying to pass an egg? I know you said she was too young earlier, but that was two weeks ago.

Yes, you can use any vitamin with riboflavin (B2) for a couple of weeks to see if it helps. I use human B complex tablets, and crush 1/4 to 1/2 tablet daily to sprinkle in some food or dissolve in a spoonful of water daily. Polyvisol without iron drops 3 drops daily is also good. Some chick vitamins also have riboflavin, but not Poultry NutriDrench. Poultry Cell has it.

Back
Top Bottom