Weird Red balls in poop

Turning to this expert family again. So the broody hen that we think excreted the large amount of intestinal tissue in the photo above, has been leaving droppings since that have these yellow/gold portions and the rest is dark green. This is the third day we've treated her with a Corid drench, and we have it in the waterers for her and the rest of the flock as well. Any idea what this yellow/gold substance indicates? Thanks for any insights!
IMG-4500.jpg

Welcome to BYC.
That is shed intestinal lining. I recommend that you get your birds started on Corid 9.6% liquid solution. Dosage is 9.5ml per gallon of water for 5 days. It must be their sole source of water to drink. Do not add anything into the mixture and do give your birds anything containing thiamine during treatment.
Corid can be found in the cattle section at a feed store. Let us know after 5 days how your birds are doing.
View attachment 3172449
Been a touch longer than 5 days as the product I found had a 10 day treatment cycle. Have not seen any more oddities in the poop since about day 3, and the whole flock is looking like normal (not the there were any signs originally) and laying as much as I expect during winter.

Appreciate the help

Back
Top Bottom